Caliber and hearing (new question)

My 9mm +p+ rounds that I fired without hearing protection left a nice mark on my inner ear issues at random. Vertigo sometimes. Sucks, apparently it'll get better soon. But that damn ringing won't

Way back when I used to shoot at an indoor range, the occasional forgetfull moment when you don't put your earplugs in and fire one off will certainly make you cringe. If the situation calls for shooting AT someone much like a hunting situation I don't know how much you will realize it until after when your ears are still ringing, and if I have to shoot at someone I couldn't care less about their hearing damage. My 4" GP100 in .357 or oddly enough a long gone Ruger single six in .22 WMR were the most painful to shoot without hearing protection.

My 9mm +p+ rounds that I fired without hearing protection left a nice mark on my inner ear issues at random. Vertigo sometimes. Sucks, apparently it'll get better soon. But that damn ringing won't

Not sure how long ago it happened for you, but you will eventually get used to the ringing. Took me a good year or two to become fully accustomed to it, but I still need a fan or I use a white noise app on my iphone when sleeping.

a cylinder of 22 mag will screw your hearing up.
A cylinder of 22 CB short will screw your hearing up. Hell, a children's cap gun can and will mess your hearing up. Even dry firing certain guns can damage your hearing. The firing pin slamming forward, right next to your head, is loud enough to cause damage, especially if you do it repeatedly. Dry firing my Ruger M77 makes my ears ring.

Back