Buying Handgun online experience

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors with pricing everywhere.

I don't believe there's a "cash discount," I think they just call it that so the CC users don't cry about being charged extra.

The cash price is the price. Any fees incurred by the seller as a result of allowing other payment methods are kindly passed along to the buyers, so the CC price is higher. The seller doesn't make more on the CC sales, but he tries not to make less due to the CC fees.

If there was a "cash discount" the CC price would be the advertised price, and there'd be something saying there's a 3% cash discount for non-CC transactions. I haven't seen any listings worded that way.

A 3% discount involves subtraction, as in $X - $.03X = Cash Discount Price, where $X is the price.

The first question is for what purpose are you looking for a particular firearm. The second is which one meets your need.

Go to the firing range and inquire with other shooters "why" they really like their firearm(s). Go to gun departments and stores and ask them what people are buying and what models are purchased more than others. Determine your likes (revolvers, semi-autos, rifles, etc.) and then shop locally for the pricing of your favored that fit's your budget. If they can be found on the internet from reputable sites, you will need a firearms dealer to receive it for a small fee and the shipping. Most important is the safety element and training which you can find at your local firing range or skilled professionals or regular users...eye and ear protection is a must.

I just bought a S&W M&P 9c on Gunbroker from Sportsman's Supply for a smokin' price. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong gun. The one pictured was sans safety, the one I received was not. I emailed them but never heard anything back from them. I have no use for a striker fired gun with a thumb safety, so, the gun will be sold or traded.

Back