Burst fire in the M16

When I was in the Infantry the M4 and the m16a2 and a3 were all semi and 3 round burts. I now work for Dod police under the navy and our 16a2 are semi and full auto. By the way I like the full auto and regulating the number of rounds by my finger. I do about a 5-10 round burst and can put them all in the head at 50 yards. No joke so don't call me a lier you have to take my word on it.

Ok, the m 16 has different parts than th AR of course. One thing it has different is that in burst mode there is a cam/fan shaped part that goes on the right side of the trigger. After its been reset on the third time, 1/2 of the trigger pops forward to catch the hammer. You let go of the trigger and it resets those parts allowing you to 'remove' the hook catching the hammer for another 3 parts. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the acutal parts when I had to clean a whole mess of those things. If you can get a hold of a 'Cobra' derringer, it has a similar part that controls which firing pin is used and how you get to shoot only one bbl at a time. I don't know if any other derringers work this way so I can't say if any others have this kind of part.

s for the m-16 bolt being different from the ar is that the long hole in the bottom is machined only upto about 1/2 bolt where the disconnector catches it. Since the Ar doesn't (or isn't supposed to have) a disconnector and to insure you don't stick one in there somehow, they machine it further back.

If you are going to buy that tac trigger, hellfire, autoburst crap, save your money. It doesn't behave like you converted your gun because you didn't (hopefully). They just keep your finger against the trigger but you still have to bumpfire it. Its not hard to do that and as soon as you figger out the technique and see how easy it is, you will wonder why all those dunderheads paid $30+ for that little peice of metal/spring that is useless. Well, except to baffle all the people who don't know better but is it worth $30+? I don't think so. I used a paper clip wraped around the trigger guard like the hell fire and many believed it actually did something. :O Its funny to watch them try to fire the "machine gun".

Here is how you do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_RwTQ

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAk-LKF6pE

You don't need to be a gunsmith. You do however need some experience with the M-249! Trigger control. Its not an uzi for hell sake!

So can it be done with an UZI?

Back