Bullpups

I have some pals in the brit spec ops, and the SA-80 was crap upon inital deployment. It had some of the same problems the M-16 had at first. Also the production facility was being moved. All of the inital problems have been resolved.
My pals wouldn't use the SA at first but now use it happily.
Funny side note the drill and ceremonies had to be rewritten a few times, FAL to bullpup those first drills must have been a site.

My uncle had a 9mm calico. I contacted calico and found out they were looking into making a .223 version but the ban went into effect and killed potential sales. The Seals had been field testing the 900(9mm). The idea is low weight and less reloading,100 rounds in gun vs 30 rounds any ?.

Shane is right in that Calico had a .223 on the drawing board. They also had a 12 gauge with the helical magazine. Over 10 years ago I visited the factory in Bakersfield almost and met one of the owner/designer of the gun. Some of the first guns went to Israel.

It was my first visit to a gun factory and I was surprised to learn how much subcontracting took place. One company made the receivers, another the barrels, another the pins, bolt parts, plastic furniture. All Calico really did was drill the receiver (they had about a dozen jigs to drill their receivers) and assemble the parts.

Nice folks. Such is life.

Rob, for your bullpup BAR (Barpuppy), you may want to try a custom stockmaker like HS Precision. They may tackle it for you. They'll have to study existing designs like MGW's aftermarket bullpups.
[This message has been edited by 4V50 (edited 10-28-98).]

[This message has been edited by 4V50 (edited 10-28-98).]

I dont have any experience with a Bullpup...
but I've been eyeing a BP stock for my 10/22!
That would make the ultimate SAW.
Squirrel Assault Wepon.

Speaking of which: has anybody tried any of the Muzzelite stocks? They look interesting, but I've never heard from anybody who actually had tried one.

Just read that ISREAL has deployed a new bullpup battle rifle. chambered in .223 nato. This will be interesting... Isreali stuff does not suck. They take they're weapons very seriously over there - seeing as they USE them every day. The Merkava MBT is the only tank that can challenge the Abrahms... and I dont say that lightly. They are also the only country that still deploys the F-4 Phantom II as a front line warplane... and you got to respect that. 500 cool points for Isreal just for that reason alone.

how can a guy admire the F-20 tigershark (fast, agile evolution of the F-5) AND the flying buffalo at the same time??

Tell us more about this .223 is it a new stock on an existing platform or is it a whole new weapon system?? And you are right about Isreali stuff, can you think of a BAD Isreali design that lasted for very long at all? Meanwhile, we used 1911s for most of a century!! (just kidding guys... you know I love those old things...
wink.gif
)

In a perfect world the F-4 would STILL be used as an interceptor here in the US... It never failed in that role.

The F-20, while a good plane, just doesn't say CLASSIC... actually the plane I admire the most is the SU-27...
Speaking of Russian stuff - dual Takarovs in HARD BOILED... cool.

Was at the range yesterday looking through Kiesler's flyer when I saw a new bullpup. It's a German import called the Marksman Rifle. $1999 dealer price.

Action: pump action pistol grip repeater with interchangeable barrel system.
Bolt System: 1.77" straight pullback bolt system with 3 interlocking lugs.
Barrel: Hightly precise stainless steel. Also available in special coated black finish.
Calibers: .243 Win; .270 Win; 7mm Rem Mag;.308 Win; 30-06 Win;.300 Win Mag; .338 Win Mag; 375 H&H Mag; .416 Rem Mag (Additional calibers upon request).
Total Length: 30.9"
Safety: Postiive grip safety-activates fire control.
Trigger: Match trigger.
Weight: 8.2 lbs.
Stock: Select walnut wood available in different grades. Also available in polymer with ergonomically designe, perforated pistol grip.
Side Mounts: Quick detachable clamp-on sight mounts with rings.

I'm familiar with another bullpup rifle. One is/was a custom job from AWC Systems Technology of Phoenix AZ. It is/was basically an M14/M1A in a bullpup stock, and is/was called the G2 Compact rifle. Overall length of the G2 (standard barrel) was 33.25 inches. AWC either factory converted rifles or offered retrofit kits to interested parties, as well as complete new rifles. But I don't know if all of this changed after the 1994 Crime bill became law.

Just found out about another new bp. There's a picture of a South African bp called the Vector on TB's site. No info on it though.

Found some info on Vektor firearms; www.army-technology.com/contractors/machine_guns/index.html if anyone is interested.

[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited 11-24-98).]

I want to buy a Bushmaster M17 bullpup
has anyone shot one?
how well do they shoot?
how is the trigger pull?
I heard the trigger pull needed some work
is so any suggestions on working on it?

I have found a nice site for info on the Steyr AUG,Giat FAMAS, and the FN P-90. www.remtek.com

------------------

Having owned and shot the Valmet, and Sreyr Aug, I really prefer my SBR Colt AR 15. Can shoot from both sides, and I don't have a fortune tied up. GLV

G&W for LE has a writeup on the new Steyr AUG/USR. Now has multi-optic capability with removeable optical/Picatinny rail setup!

Rich, sorry but I can't help you. The company that imported the one I had, is out of business. GLV

On the AUG idea; I know that the mag are almost indestructable, but why not go with the rest of the "free world" and use the AR15 style i.e. interchangability is good.
The new Tavor uses AR15(stanag?) mags with the AUG style mag release. pic of Tavor(new Israeli AR) on www.securityarms.com

Can you get the Tavor in the U.S.
If so how much are they?
That thing looks like alot of fun.

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 12-18-98).]

Back