Boring Stuff, Let's Do More Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPris

Member Emeritus
If you were exploring the Amazon Jungle today, which autopistol would you take, and would you prefer a fedora or classic pith helmet?
Denis

XD because when a 20 foot anaconda coils around me and squeezes the grip zone and grip safety it might be able to fire a round

I'd take my SIG P226 in 9 mm and wear a Panama straw fedora. I've had that 226 for a long time and it likes me fine.

Beretta Brigadier, my favorite Peter Bromley knife , and the Fedora.
I Hate Pith Helmets:D
Much prefer a Stetson felt Fedora.

Glock 20SF, big knife, baseball cap, sunscreen, insect repellent, water, energy bars and a phone that has service so I can call somebody to get me out ASAP.

ETA: If one typically rationalizes a "mouse gun" for EDC (you know who you are), stick with it in this thread too. ;)

DPris, Now there are some interesting ponderances! I've watched quite a number of nature documentaries, and I can't really recall anything terribly large which might be inclined to gnaw upon my person. If it's something I already own, then my P10 will do. If I can have a shopping list before I go, then I suppose the Sig 320 and it's large capacity will get the nod.

As far as headgear- I first thought about the pith helmet. But then it seems I've seen more folks in jungly places wearing pith helmets who were also wearing shorts. I'm sure that worked fine for the Brits, but I'd rather not fall afoul of any jungle dress codes. I think I'd to the fedora.

G41 and wear a pith helmet hard hat

2018-10-22-013242.jpg

Ah, Dennis....you've perked up my morning! I'd go with a .45 ACP (a Remington-Rand 1943 built 1911A1 similar to one I carried long ago), a very good knife (the old Ruana 5" bladed, elk stocked beauty that was my daily companion in Vietnam) and, since felt fedoras are too sweaty, I'd opt for my bush hat from that same 1970 tour.

Oh....AND A HELLOFA LOT OF BUG REPELLENT. Rod

LOL. Good thread! I am assuming we have to pick from our own stock of weapons and hats? If so, Kimber Eclipse Custom 10 MM IF it was a short stay or I had a pack animal to carry plenty of ammo. Otherwise, one of my BHP's as I might have to procure ammo from some local source or outpost and I think 9MM would be most available. Fedora. And, of course, going to assume you let me take my machete....

J

G20SF, big knife, small knife, boonie hat with bug netting. I'd be wearing my hunting pack too that has med kit, lights, water filtration and some other survival gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back