Boring Stuff, Let's Do More Exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock6, I like your idea of a gear kit bag. I've never jumped out of a plane. They tried to talk me into doing airborne in 71 when I was Army, but decided it wasn't for me. All the vids they showed us of when guys actually hit the ground though, shows me I certainly don't want a weapon by my side given how many guys end up landing. Similar deal to why I'd never wear a gun in the middle of my back. Land on that the wrong way falling backwards and you're back is toast.

Sorry, can't answer since I have not been able to sky dive for about five years due to a shoulder injury and don't want to add anymore stress.

Dpriz, Different kind of post. Lots of levity (at least I hope it was in fun jumping without a chute and using fired shots to slow his decent), however after the chuckles this reminds me of those girl talk shows lOn tv where they spend hours of non stop rhetoric that benefits mankind not in the least.
Well for some maybe this helps relieve the stresses of the day so that would be a good thing but I am retired and stress is a situation not allowed in my life.
I guess that is enough contrary post information to put everybody against me and come back firing both barrels which should then make this thread less than boring. :)
PS: The GI chest holster is my favorite way to carry a pistol ( 1911 or Hi Power) but not hardly a concealable Rig while it is less likely to get ripped off in the slip stream.

M88 said:
Rock6, I like your idea of a gear kit bag. I've never jumped out of a plane. They tried to talk me into doing airborne in 71 when I was Army, but decided it wasn't for me. All the vids they showed us of when guys actually hit the ground though, shows me I certainly don't want a weapon by my side given how many guys end up landing. Similar deal to why I'd never wear a gun in the middle of my back. Land on that the wrong way falling backwards and you're back is toast.

I did the Airborne thing for a while. Kit Bag would have to go in my pack as the reserve covers up your chest area:D Having things on your waist can get painful if you PLF wrong and landing in a tree really sucks (not one of my better jumps:o)

ROCK6

Dpris said:
So.....ankle holster?
Denis

Well, if you're set on jumping in, I would just keep a smaller, jumpable pack, which is tethered to you and after your chute deploys and you start to near the horizon, release it below you and let it dangle until you land. When I left Bragg, we were just starting to jump with naked M4's tucked into our sides; not sure what they're doing now...but a handgun would be much easier to stash somewhere/somehow than a rifle/carbine.

ROCK6

Enough fun for now! These threads don't fit in the overall mission of TFL. We let them run for awhile to see how they would track, but it's clear that for the most part, the posts are mostly noise with very little signal value. There are a few exceptions, of course, but not enough to keep the threads open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back