Boring Stuff, Let's Do More Exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chest rig, Dennis...hope it would be out of the way of my reserve. Having landed sideways on the M1 in a leg bag once, I'd not want to do it again....limped through PT for three weeks after. Rod

It seems to me that whatever means one would use to get picked up at the end of two weeks might be a better way to get to the two week location. I don't know if it's common sense or non-sense but I don't jump out of planes unless they are on the ground and not moving.

Unless I was going to be wearing waders or a heavy parka, Hip.

I used a chest (several actually) in the wilds of AK for a few years and always found I'd rather just have my magnum in a pancake holster on my hip. Most comfortable and didnt get in my way or flop around.

Done a few 10-day camping trips, but never had to 'chute in.

However, if I had to, then I guess I'd go with the chest rig, assuming I had to hike into my camp with a pack (certainly I'd have to hike out, right?), a chest rig is more hip-belt friendly.

And I'd be taking my S&W M69 .44 Combat Magnum, since we're camping and not going into battle.

No chute, no holster.
Jump with 454 Casull and as you near the ground, begin firing and let the recoil slow and stop the fall.
Oh. Fire downwards while falling. :eek::p

A poll about rigs for carrying a handgun? That is your idea of more exciting?

Q: if you have to parachute in, how are you getting out?

Must be snowy at the outdoor ranges..:)

BUT, when I was flyin; in the USN..always worried a 'bit' about chest carry, and where it pointed, if I had to jump out..:eek:

Yes, a chest rig. I often carry a 1911A1 in such a holster, I think it is called a tanker holster. Love it, works better getting in and out of the truck in winter here. Here, backed up to the Canadian border, cold and lots of snow.

the first time I did it I was probably as scared as I've ever been in my life

Gotta tell this one - I was teaching a bunch of friends rock-climbing basics. Everyone lined up to rappel for the first time. The strongest, calmest, most all-around capable guy among the newbies had helped everyone else triple check gear before they went over the edge. He was last to go. He stopped and looked at his own gear, which I had double checked, for a long time. I finally asked him if everything was OK. He said he was just concerned about how flimsy the carabiner looked. I reminded him it was rated to hold 6000 pounds. His immediate response was, "Yeah well, that's exactly how much I weigh when I'm this scared."

A poll about rigs for carrying a handgun? That is your idea of more exciting?

Read the other threads in Semi Auto and Revolver. There's an over-arching idea here.

Q: if you have to parachute in, how are you getting out?

Wait, we don't get to parachute out? Sorry guys, I just remembered I have something else I have to do that week.

Hill People Gear Kit Bag.

I own a few and have close to a thousand trail miles with them. Easily the best choice (for me) when actually hauling a pack as they don't interfere with a quality pack's suspension system/harness and waist belt. I've kayaked with them, use it when I ride my mountain bike, I've rappelled and climbed with one, even did some swimming and "water ops" with one!

ROCK6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back