Bored with 1911's and Plastic Guns...

I picked up Daniel Defense’s remake of the Hudson H9. Sadly mine keyholes and has been back with Daniel Defense for over a month.

There's a good reason they call it "Glock Perfection."

Where can you go from Perfect?

Yes, Glock thinks mighty highly of itself. Self proclaimed titles/mottos/ad slogans are exactly that.

Where can you go from perfect? Ask Glock. They keep changing their 'perfect' guns, indicating that maybe they weren't perfect after all.

Yes, Glock thinks mighty highly of itself. Self proclaimed titles/mottos/ad slogans are exactly that.

Where can you go from perfect? Ask Glock. They keep changing their 'perfect' guns, indicating that maybe they weren't perfect after all.

“Perfection” is pretty strong. But it’s not uncommon for companies to have similar slogans:

HK - No Compromise
SIG Sauer - To Hell and Back, When it Counts
Daniel Defense - Lighter. Stronger. Better.
Staccato - Built for Heroes

I own a Staccato and even I cringe at their slogan.

What are you wanting? I think the problem is there isn’t major ground left to cover in mechanical fire based projectile launchers.
How about....
S&W all stainless double-stack 10mm
Blued Steel version of the HK USP Expert
CZ 75B 10mm
American made version of the HK P7's

I don't know beyond that - I know these are just "variations". If I were a brilliant gun designer, people would be paying $2K for the SKAn S Pro 2Q 11mm handgun.

I think CZ has price going for them for parts. Patriot Defense seems to be as responsive as Canjun Gun Works.

Tanfoglio has going for it a drop safety block that the CZs don't have.

While the trigger is better on the CZ, absolutely no difference to me in accuracy in my Shadow 2s and my Stock Master (a Stock III frame, updated slide).

Shadow frame is rounded more.

Tanfoglio trigger is super curved. I hated it in dry fire, but on live it's great.

Hello set screw in the Tanfoglio (stock):
QBcZRLXm.jpg

The Tanfoglio frame is way more comfortable at then tang. I have small hands, so I know others know what I mean that the Shadow frame is too narrow right at the tang and your web doesn't actually contact the frame at the undercut.

CZ moved their new Tactical Sport 2 Orange to a bull barrel, something that is stock on all the Tanfoglio Defiant frames.

Tanfoglio comes chromed, a $500 job Cajun or Fords on a full Shadow. I think hard chrome is the best finish a gun can have.

You can not like it, but I think the internet talk is way over stated on quality differences. Different, but on target, I can't tell a difference. I agree the Shadow is kinda better, but on target, I don't see it.

QQwJMEem.jpg

That said, the Tanfoglio and CZ are just similar. Like the OP is saying, there aren't many terribly "new."

If you can hold first, an interesting one is the pardini GT9. I think hold it first though. It's boxy. Mag prices are just stupid insanity.

I don't love everything about it, but Sig does call it the most accurate 9mm gun made. I think they probably aren't overly dramatic, even if they are wrong.

I have thought over and over to move mine, but I think it's like the S&W 41 in 22lr. It's got some downsides and is pricey, but generally it's regarded as on the shelf for best 22lr. I think the P210 is that for 9mm.

There are 9mm 1911s that are nice, there is the CZ Tactical Sport, there are the X-Fives...but the P210 is uniquely "different" for consideration if you're looking for target shooting.

2qIA2crm.jpg

I think the Shadow 2 Single Action Only is probably the best deal on the market right now for a 9mm. It recently went up, but was also super wicked cheaper for months a while ago. Got mine for $800 at normal pricing at the time. What a deal.

Mine has significantly less pull weight than my S2 SA/DA. Trigger is metal unlike the CZ Tactical Sport 2 Blue, trigger has grip unlike the S2 SA/DA. Updated frame of the S2 unlike the TS2. The S2 Orange while claimed nice, the Single Action Only doesn't have the DA guts to content with.

Rs19Ryyl.jpg

I think the Shadow 2 Single Action Only is probably the best deal on the market right now for a 9mm. It recently went up, but was also super wicked cheaper for months a while ago. Got mine for $800 at normal pricing at the time. What a deal.

Mine has significantly less pull weight than my S2 SA/DA. Trigger is metal unlike the CZ Tactical Sport 2 Blue, trigger has grip unlike the S2 SA/DA. Updated frame of the S2 unlike the TS2. The S2 Orange while claimed nice, the Single Action Only doesn't have the DA guts to content with.

Rs19Ryyl.jpg

You mention having smaller hands. I do too, and I find the safety on the Shadow 2 SAO less than ideal. How does it work for you?

I don't care for single actions. I don't care for them because of the safety.

I don't like the Shadow 2 safety. It doesn't click all that great, it's not intuitively there for my hand.

Not a deal breaker, because I frankly don't like any safety. Not for the purpose but bc of placement.

I don't care for single actions. I don't care for them because of the safety.

I don't like the Shadow 2 safety. It doesn't click all that great, it's not intuitively there for my hand.

Not a deal breaker, because I frankly don't like any safety. Not for the purpose but bc of placement.

So when you shoot the Shadow 2 SAO do you not use the safety, or do you just rotate the grip in your hand to get to it?

I'm a frequent range shooter but never have done a competition and I don't like doing fast movements with guns. Just not my enjoyment to fiddle.

So I haven't thought about it! Just pulled it out. I don't know. It's not my favorite movement. I don't break the grip, but the grip pressure does change?

It's not super comfy, but I don't like any safety for that. I don't like the P210 shelf either, but I can see why someone would.

Another thing for small hands. I've read trigger reach is long, though the S2 I've read improves the reach? With my short hands, it's not bad on my S2 or S2 SAO. It's on maximum side for the S2. But I think the bigger problem is the S2 trigger is too thin and smooth. The serrations on the S2 SAO are infinity better than the chrome polish smooth S2 trigger--for me. I notice that way more than the placement. Something I don't often see mentioned ever, but it's like a huge difference for me. It's not the shape, it's the serrations.

No. I take it back. I don't like it at all. It's pretty uncomfy to flip straight from drawn to fire.

Since I don't do comps, I've never even thought about it until now.

I don’t know that you have to shoot competitively in order to regularly use the safety on a SAO pistol, but I think I get your point. Sounds like you just generally don’t bother with engaging the safety when you are shooting. Fair enough.

For me how much I do or don’t like the safety on a SAO pistol plays a big part in whether I like that pistol on the whole. The safety placement on the CZ 75 style pistols doesn’t work that well for me. The Shadow 2 frame and its thinner grips do generally work better for me than the standard 75.

Yes. Exactly.

I meant to say since I don't actively train for competition with the S2, the safety is an after thought, not an important part under pressure.

Back