Bolt action hunting rifle

My left eye open stays where I was pointing but my right eye open is far left so I am left eye dominant.

Fixed it for ya. :D

Two of my five kids are right handed, and left eye dominant. I also have a lefty that is right eye dominant...... my dad is also left handed and right eyed.

It is what it is, and you adapt. We have found that the learning curve is easier to shoot with your strong eye, even if using your "off" hand to pull the trigger..... it's harder to learn at first, but the end results are better.

I would go and buy a Remington sps just a touch over 500 unless you buy at Walmart. $417 with scope and all at Walmart. Doesn't get much better than that and it is a Remington 700.

I wish walmart still sold guns around here. I think im going to see what my guy in town has and if I cant find a left handed used bolt then im going to order a savage axis. I held one last night that my budy has and I like it. It had a good action and feel to it even in left handed and the saftey is in a nice location

Mossberg 4x4

Just to give some info for your decision making. My 14 y.o. son has two of the Mberg 4x4s, one is a 270 and the other a 7mm Rem Mag and he is deadly with both. Yesterday we sighted-in the 7mm and with six shots end up with the last 3 shots in the bullseye at 100 yards. These three were literally covered up with a quarter with two of them touching each other and the last one within a half inch. I'm fortunate enough that I could go out and spend a few thousand dollars on a rifle and not have to miss any meals, not bragging--just very fortunate and very thankful every day, but my next rifle is going to be one of these little Mossberg 4x4's. BTW the 270 shoots just as well.

I also have a Howa that I frequently use and yesterday put two rounds in the bullseye at 100 yards and they were touching each other. Needless to say I put the rifle in the case and left well enough alone. I generally suck at shooting so I know in these cases its the rifle making me look good.

Anyway, good luck with your purchase and Wal-Mart and Dicks will both order whatever you need if you ask.

Im thinking about looking into a left handed model savage axis. I looked at my buddys the other night and I like the feel for a right handed model. Im going to price them out and see what my gun dealer can do for me.

You can get a Savage 11/111 on special from Dicks these days with a Nikon BDC scope for $499.99. I bought a Weatherby Vanguard S2 for $425. You can get a good quality rifle from several manufacturers for under $500 - don't restrict yourself to the 'bargain' rifles.

Curious.... What about these guns makes them undesirable?
Not being flippant I just dont know.
They all have an action, Bolt and a barrel.
I just purchased a Savage 11 in 308 win. I like it just fine.
But it does not seem any more or any less accurate than any other rifle I have owned.
I was going to buy a Ruger American in 308. But the Savage was on sale.
Got it for $425 with a Bushnell 3 to 9 power scope.
Ruger with a scope was the same price. So I went with the Savage.

Going to be after another rifle this spring in 7mm 08. Should I shy away from the Ruger?

Agree with the Weatherby Vanguard! Somewhat more expensive than the "budget" guns from all the big manufacturers, but has the quality of a gun you'd pay much more money for! I say, go with the Vanguard!

Back