Bob Barr Enters Presidential Race as Libertarian

Will you consider voting for Bob Barr for President?

• Yes

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 54.6%

• Total voters
About the best we can hope for is to replace them as they die off. Which gives you some notion of how long it's going to take.
Best get to rolling up our sleeves then. That is the point I'm getting at.

One thing I figured out this past year is that politics is extremely accessible to those who are willing to participate. One person can make a huge difference if they try.
So if you don't like the current offerings, don't vote for 'em. Then get involved yourself.

June 2, 2008

From the Desk of Bob Barr:

Dear Fellow Libertarian:

I was proud to accept the Libertarian Party nomination last week in Denver. Seeing so many diligent LP Delegates in one room is to witness the best our party has to offer.

Bob Barr 2008!As a member of the LP National Committee, I’ve traveled all over the country supporting our local and state parties. I understand that the biggest hurdle we often face is ballot access.

Right now, that’s my priority: my campaign is focused on support for LP organizations that are working hard to gain a line on the ballot. That’s why I hope you’ll get into the campaign on the ground floor. Your support is crucial to securing ballot access, building state party organizations, and promoting the Barr campaign theme of Liberty for America.

Make no mistake: we are committed to making history for the Libertarian Party and to make an impact for our core issues of peace, prosperity, and freedom:

• I just talked with Chairman Bill Redpath: by his analysis, we’ll need more than $200,000 to petition and secure ballot access in 48 states.
• In order to move forward with full, 50 state ballot access, we'll need to begin to petition immediately in Oklahoma and West Virginia and raise at least $300,000 more to pay petitioners.
• I have hired key personnel from the Ron Paul campaign, and my campaign manager is the man who ran Ross Perot’s presidential bid; we mean business every step of the way in this effort.

This is the best time to participate as part of the Barr Team. Your gift of $250 or $100 or even $25 or $50 is crucial. Click here to donate. We have creative, strategic plans set to go and I’ve made the commitment to serve full time as your candidate and to fight in every state to get all LP candidates on the ballot.

I need to count on your support. Our media organizational plans depend on raising a record amount of campaign dollars in record time. It’s vital that I hear from you today with a donation of $100, $250, or even $50. Click here to donate.

Please visit our dynamic website to keep up on the campaign, to volunteer, and to donate. With your support, we are determined to go the distance.

Cordially,

Bob Barr

P.S. Here’s what Justin Raimondo of AntiWar.com wrote before I announced: “A recent poll showed Barr running at 7 percent of the vote — a massive vote by traditional third-party standards, and a veritable dream-come-true for the Libertarians.” That — and more — can happen if we get on the ballot in 50 states. Please donate by clicking here.

Who thinks he will make it on in all 50? Really I think it would be quite an accomplishment to make half. Not sure how many Ron Paul made. Might be fun to redo the poll of who would vote for him to see if anyone has changed their mind.

The Libertarian Party usually manages to get on the ballot in all 50 states, so I would be surprised if it did not happen this time around.

Back