Big Game Rifle Caliber?

Maybe I have no sense of aesthetics, but I've rather liked my Mark V '06, these last 43 years. Sub-MOA is good, last I heard. And I guess I'm so ignorant about cartridges that I couldn't possibly have made one-shot kills at 450 and 350 yards with it. I just didn't know it wasn't an up-close-and-personal cartridge, maybe? :D

Which doesn't take anything away from the .270, another cartridge I loaded for back in the 1960s.

If you know what you're doing, it's pretty much six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Art... Haven't you heard? The '06 is an old fuddy-duddy cartridge. I've read that even cave men were pooping on it during the stone age.:D

Brian was no doubt born in red China and snuck in here - communist! :)

But in a similar theme, I divested of ALL .45 acp pistols a few months back, something I would have thought impossible 2 years ago. Maybe I was born in Kenya and my mother smuggled me in...

Well, now, Mr. Dremel, y'all just go on out there to fifty-one yards and we'll see what we can find out.

Well, I dunno... I wouldn't feel safe sticking out my tongue at you and saying "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo" until I was at 60 yards...just to be safe. :)

I've never heard any gripes about Weatherby rifles except for the price and cost of ammo. With that being said, my 300 Weatherby has never missed or lost a target, not once, ever.

Back