Best small concealed carry gun?

For me the S&W 638 is the best. Reliable, reasonable power, lightweight, easy to conceal and priced right.
Snubby.jpg
[/IMG]

If you want a sweet shooting pocket gun look at the Sig P938. If you want something that really isn't all that fun to shoot but carries well, try the 642/442.

Since you have a lot of time to check out the pile of suggestions above I would add the Sig P 238 ( or Kimber Micro carry or Colt Mustang they are basically all the same pistol) in .380 or for more punch with little more size, weight and recoil, the Sig P 938 in 9mm.
These are single action pistols but carry in a kydex holster inside waist band like they were not even there.

Well, I carry a Shield 9mm daily. Sometimes inside kydex, sometimes outside leather. Just depends on the situation and what I am wearing. And it works. But, there are times I'd like to just slip the gun into my shorts or pants pocket. This would be primarily for the warmer months for sure. Since I posted this, I watched a few video reviews of the LCPII .380. That gun looks very promising. Haven't been able to see one in person yet though. But very compact at just 10 or 11 ounces is pretty nice.

small ,lite , and reliable KelTec P-32 less weight and less recoil compaired to a Seecamp and 1/2 the price. 4 in my house for carry.

I really like my LWS32. I owned a KT P32 in the past and wouldn't mind another one if my money and its availability were to ever meet up.

The Airweight or Airlight J frames work for me. I've thought a small semi auto in .32 or a single stack 9mm might work better but the light weight J frames have filled the need so far.

Best CC for me.

I am 6' 230lb, and I've had several CC pistols, Shield40, XDs45, LCP, LC9 and now a Sig P938. That Sig is probably the last one I'll ever have; I love it.

-Gunny T sends

Attachments

• SIG P938-1.jpg
    SIG P938-1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I almost always pocket carry. The three below are my favorites listed in order of preference.

S&W 340PD or 360J
Kimber Solo
Remington RM380

I will join in on the LCP bandwagon. I had one and it was great.

I switched to the S&W BG380 because it has a manual safety. It's a little bit heavier, and a tiny bit bigger, but they are essentially the same footprint. I recommend it if you want a manual safety. It also has 2nd strike and last shot hold open. Not as famously reliable as the LCP though.

David

Another vote for the Sig P938.

(edit: I failed to see that the OP was looking for a pocket carry gun. The P938 is too large for ME to pocket carry, but someone with larger pockets may be able to pull it off. So let me recommend the Sig P238. Its about as perfect as a pocket carry gun gets. Though it is kinda $$$)

Back