BEST President in U.S. History...

IMHO its the next president because from our current one running straight thro the line to Washington they have all dropped the ball at some point . Only the next one has a clean slate and will right up to inauguration day lol . If i had to pick one from the past tho it would be a close toss up between Teddy , Ronald , and belive it or not George W. All of them are men i respect deeply who tho are flawed have imho done their best to serve the country as best they know how .

Reagan...

And Washington... I wish i could meet him.

Stick with Reagan, I may dislike him, but he was probably one of the best people to just hang out with.

Washington was very very very intimidating in person. He didn't allow any "familiarity." Not that he was a snob, he did have very good friends, just that he was also very formal.
There is a story of Chief Justice Marshall riding out to visit Washington with other friends. They stopped at a tavern to eat, at the same time that a group of farmers was doing the same thing. Later after they had ridden off and just before the got to Mt. Vernon, they stopped to change into more formal clothing.
When Marshall opened his saddle bag he found that it was full of sweet potatoes. Apparently it had been switched with one of the farmers at the tavern. A little latter Washington rode up to great them. When he was told the story George started laughing so hard he had to dismount and cling to the saddle to keep from falling down.

But the Washington we'd likely meet is the one that made people shake with fear, from the look he gave them, when they had the temerity to ask to shake his hand.

thats a tough decision.I think JKF did a good job tryin to put the federal reserve in its place,Jefferson was a good pres.But reagan didn't take no crap and he did put a cruise missle down Kadaffis chimney. Decisions decisions.

Thomas Jefferson, because his VP shot that worthless statist Alexander Hamilton.

Jefferson didn't have anything to do with this, by the way, except to beat Burr in the House for the Presidential election. In those days, President a VP didn't run together, the runner-up (loser) got the VP spot. Jefferson and Burr tied in the electoral college, and Jefferson was elected by the House of Representatives while Burr was elected VP.

auther and maer of the trail of tears, in 1831, a little arrend that hitler would be proud of.

And, who adopted a native american baby and raised him as Jackson's own son and heir. It is very difficult and unfair to judge an 18th century man by 21st century standards regarding racism.

Even though they already have a good amount of support...

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Ronald Wilson Reagan

Morality is a personal view one holds, it not set in stone. Societal morality changes as circumstances change.

So I don't really blame anyone in the past for societal norms as I would be doing the same thing if I lived during those times.

Jimmy Carter.

Before you explode, I had a little bit of money at the time and got a 6 year CD with an APR of ove 16%. I bought my first home with a Cal Vet loan that was 5.5%. The price of my home went up $35,000 before it was even built.

Then Regan made the country safe again

Jimmy Carter.
Before you explode, I had a little bit of money at the time and got a 6 year CD with an APR of ove 16%. I bought my first home with a Cal Vet loan that was 5.5%. The price of my home went up $35,000 before it was even built.

While I must disagree with your choice, I must say I can't "explode" from your response. Besides, I did ask for your opinion. And it's appreciated whether I agree or not.;)

Ronald Reagan - The further back in history you go, the more we will be voting for collected memories of the person - most would be true, bad ones forgotten, better ones remembered; according to who's been doing the remembering :). Also, the further we go back from our own time, the more we'll be voting out of context, judging by our present values instead of those of the times that person lived in.

But Reagan had the biggest role in our recent history, dismantling the Soviet Union; so for the USA, Reagan and for the Rest of the World, Margaret Thatcher (in Reagan's words, "The best man in Europe" - okay, it wasn't the question, scratch Maggie, keep Ronald :p)

Last edited:
I wonder if they will say that about hitler in about a hundred years.

Ruthless, I'm sure that what Hitler did was considered evil by the morals of his time. God help us if in a hundred years, his way of thinking is considred normal!

So I don't really blame anyone in the past for societal norms as I would be doing the same thing if I lived during those times

i hope that i would never be involved in genocide, in any culture, age or situation. many people of the day did cry out against the trail of tears, as this was one of the few native groups of people that had become completely civilized, but old drew, just had to wipe them out.

Back