Best pistol for childrens church security

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPMJUSTICE

I want to maximize:

1. SAFETY, no light triggers, I'm looking for DOA OR DA/SA

2. CALIBER THAT IS ACCURATE AND WONT OVERPENETRATE, a caliber with low recoil for accuracy and penetration that is "just" good enough while avoiding overpenetration.

3.MAXIMIZING CONCEALABILITY WHILE STILL HAVING A FULL GRIP, I dont want to scare away parents because I printed too much but I want a full grip for maximized accuracy, so no pocket pistols where the pinky hangs off and the sights are terrible

these are the most important factors for me and I would appreciate some input. I'm leaning towards something like a kahr ct380 and ppks and other similar pistols. Sensitive subject here I know and I would like some input please. I like the kahr but would like something with second strike, hence the ppks consideration.

Last edited:
Ruger LCR (revolver) in .38 Special. Use light bullets (125 grain HP's) or soft wadcutters if you are concerned about over-penetration.

An almost full sized pistol I like is the CZ-82 in 9mm Mak, although I can't remember offhand how the safety works. The CZ-83 is basically the same gun and is available in several chamberings including .380

Get whatever you shoot well in a not-too-powerful cartridge, and get a good holster for it. Everything else should fall into place

S&W Shield9 2.0 (1.0 would be just fine as well, but might need to install an Apex trigger).

It's what I usually carry to church. Or my Ruger 1911 CMD in 9mm. Just as easy to conceal, 2 more rounds, and a lot more accurate past 10 yards.

maximizing concealment was a request of the pastor and I’d like to honor that

Simple and easy, don't go for a "mini pistol" with all its drawbacks, just change the way you dress so a decent size gun doesn't show.

Maybe not convenient or stylish, but what matters more, the way you look or having the better tool for the job IF it ever is needed?

Well, just want to say that the Kahr has a trigger pull in weight and manual of arms very similar to that of the Glock or any other striker-fired pistol.

Would you consider a striker fired pistol?

Given what you've mentioned, I'd say Sig Sauer P239 in 9mm would be a good bet.
A P228 or P229 is thicker but would also be very good. HK P30 or P30SK.

I'd mention Glock 19, 26, 48, 43x as well if you're willing to reconsider a striker-fired option.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The holster makes a difference in concealment and printing too. I can hide a full size 1911 in the right holster. In an Uncle Mike's thick padded nylon holster I looked like I had 2 guns on my hip. Look into Safariland and Galco to start. Some other good ones are out there. Perhaps a few more will be mentioned soon.

I’m certainly considering the walther, how’s the accuracy?

Accuracy ought to be exceptional due to the fixed barrel design.

That being said, I would recommend the PPK/S over the PP, simply because the PPK/S is still in production so you can get a new one and won't have to worry about messing up a vintage PP or risk it end up rusting in an evidence locker and having some case number etched into the slide.

The PPK/S essentially just a PP with the slide/frame of the PPK, so you have the exact same grip as the PP, but it's lighter in weight overall. Also, the new models have been upgraded with an improved feed ramp which makes JHPs feed more reliably, as well as an extended beavertail which prevents slide bite.

CAPMJUSTICE I want to maximize:
2. CALIBER THAT IS ACCURATE AND WONT OVERPENETRATE, a caliber with low recoil for accuracy and penetration that is "just" good enough while avoiding overpenetration.
.380 out of a pocket pistol will often have more perceived recoil than 9x19 out of a larger framed pistol. If that .380 is blowback design then even more so.

3.MAXIMIZING CONCEALABILITY WHILE STILL HAVING A FULL GRIP, I dont want to scare away parents because I printed too much
Don't wear clothing that prints. It's not difficult to dress for concealment. And fear of scaring people by printing? Not likely they would know what it is that is printing anyways.

but I want a full grip for maximized accuracy, so no pocket pistols where the pinky hangs off and the sights are terrible

these are the most important factors for me and I would appreciate some input. I'm leaning towards something like a kahr ct380 and ppks and other similar pistols.
The first bolded part describes the second bolded part to a T.

Sensitive subject here I know and I would like some input please. I like the kahr but would like something with second strike, hence the ppks consideration.
I've owned both and both would be the last I would choose.
The first would be a Glock 19 or other medium sized 9x19 pistol.

I have a Sig Sauer P230 in 380 and like it a lot . It is my winter carry gun very accurate and ease to just put in a pocket .

Well I’m trained in full size da/sa combat pistols but maximizing concealment was a request of the pastor and I’d like to honor that

Concealment would be a secondary objective, IMO. If I am reading correctly, your role is that of security for a place of worship. The choice is not for CCW but to protect others. So, carry what you were trained with... Full size duty weapon... G17, G19, Sig 320, Sig 226...etc...

Well, just want to say that the Kahr has a trigger pull in weight and manual of arms very similar to that of the Glock or any other striker-fired pistol.

Would you consider a striker fired pistol?

Given what you've mentioned, I'd say Sig Sauer P239 in 9mm would be a good bet.
A P228 or P229 is thicker but would also be very good. HK P30 or P30SK.

I'd mention Glock 19, 26, 48, 43x as well if you're willing to reconsider a striker-fired option.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I was under the impression that Kahr’s were around 7lbs and had more creep than other strikers that have typically 5lbs or even less with the new sigs and the like. 7lbs is still a little light for me but I thought it and the extra creep was enough to make it “officially DOA”. I just have too many reservations, and even first hand accounts from personal connections who have lots of experience, about light triggers to be comfortable With them, especially around graspy handed children. Plus da/sa is my training background so why retrain?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back