Best grab N go J-Frame

But...but never sell or trade anything

I do have a reason why I’m not going to LCR, I sometimes short stroke the trigger. It’s the guns fault I hate it

LCR in 9mm.....because having service-pistol performance with .38Spl recoil in a lightweight package with no worries of feeding or limp-wristing settles the argument for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ditto on the 340 PD.

I can grab and stuff it in my back pocket, in a De'santis pocket holster, or my Mika holster. Or I can wear my Kramer horse hide scabbard hardly know its there.
That was its main selling point for me, 12 oz's, and .38 +p's.

Last edited:
Just a thought...with due regard for your avatar TX, I find that my wife's 637 add's no significant weight nor unbalance my already overloaded fly vest while trout fishing. I built the left side, armpit, muzzle down holster for it and sewed/riveted it in place. I also like the aluminum framed, SS bbl'd 637 as it's more resistant to sweat and the twice yearly dunking when I take an inadvertent dip in 60 degree water.

With the same revolver choice (Aluminum framed etc), an alternate carry position would be the front pocket of your waders....which I've tried, but found a PITA to get to when I practiced my "presentation". Additionally, I tried my usual OWB, 4 o'clock hip carry on my wader belt, but quickly found that deeper water, and/or a quick 'sit-down' to preclude a complete fall, dunked the gun far too often.

Rod

Last edited:
Model 638 airweight

the best of both worlds regarding shroud but ability to cock hammer if single action wanted. J frame, 14.36 OZ, snubby barrel. I keep in pocket holster and just drop in coat pocket if out to walk dog etc. A bit heavy for summer pants pocket use in my opinion.

Smith model 638 (sic)...the best of both worlds regarding shroud but ability to cock hammer if single action wanted. J frame, 14.36 OZ, snubby barrel. I keep in pocket holster and just drop in coat pocket if out to walk dog etc. A bit heavy for summer pants pocket use in my opinion.
Gotta agree, I think, Danny but then again, almost any gun is a chore to carry in a pocket with lt. weight summer slacks on. I tried it many times over the years but now just dress around a high riding OWB carrying a short bbl'd, short gripped revolver...hmmm...that's about as perfect a definition of a Smith J-frame snubbie as anyone could have written.

My DIL's and wife have no hang-ups with a 637 with exposed hammer, but they've trained quite a bit. The nubbin hammer on the 638 is undoubtedly a better idea, with virtually zero worries about a hang-up. Rod

Going to try out titanium vs steel cylinder. Is everyone’s rear sight channel milled straight -and centered down the top strap?

Back