best ammo for home defense??

I feel so much smarter after reading this thread.......did we ever find out what brand Jay went with? Jay, if we haven't totally turned you off to the forum, which I wouldn't blame you, have you purchased and/or shot your chosen hollow-points yet?

I would urge you to go with the +p ammunition, although standard would most likely do the job just fine, the extra velocity isn't going to hurt anything. if you plan to spend a lot of money and rigorously practice with premium ammunition, it could be a different story. I recommend buying two boxes of whatever you decide, shoot one box to find out where your point of aim will be and get used to the slightly increased recoil, and use the other box for actual defense. since odds are, you will never use them in defense, it's probably a good idea to swap those out with some fresh ammo every couple of years.

congratulations on first handgun ownership, and in my opinion, you picked the finest 9mm handgun on the market. you definitely don't have anything to worry about shooting +p out of a CZ every now and again. have fun and be safe

I'm also a fan of Speer Gold Dot 124 +P 9mm. Like other people here, I stocked up on it when ammo was more reasonable priced. I almost can't remember when that was!

Back