Best 40SW handgun for home defense/target shooting

Glock 23 for all around use (CC and HD). Glock 22 or 35 purely for HD/Target. These are my personal choices but you should try all guns you are considering if at all possible. A friend of mine has a USP compact in .45, and although quality is excellent, I didn't like the the feel of the grip or the way it pointed. Glock works better for me but you may like something else better. Try as many as you can.

If you have the coin, go checkout the STI LS40 or BLS40 ($750 and $850). Awesome! Can be had in 9mm or .40sw. You got to see their setup to believe it. Computer milled to extremely tight tolerances and hand fit. Tight as a, (well we won't go there) and reliable. Lots of gun for the money. You won't be making any apologizes to anybody for these babies. Nice folks to. Visit their web site. Just something else to digest from the run of the mill suggestions.

Another vote for the Ruger P94... durable, feeds everything you put in it everytime, really easy re-coil, and so ugly that you can't help but love it,....
I put a set of Hogue grips on mine to add some control and can now shoot some pretty tight groups at 25 yards. It doesn't draw any ooo's or ahhh's at the range like some of the high end guns, but since it only cost $340, I was able to pick up a new CZ75B for the same money that my buddy paid for his SIG. I felt like I got two guns for the price of one and both were winners.
God bless Billy Ruger!

------------------
Triggers exist to be pulled... again and again.

I still think single action is best.

Para Ord P16 or Browning HP. I want the Para, own the .40 cal BHP. Took it out of the box and qualifed SS in IDPA with it. This is a fine, reliable gun, and the trigger pull is quite good, too.

Tom

------------------
Don't Tread on Me

Why 10mm beats .45 ACP . . .
www.greent.com/40Page/ammo/10/10mm-advoc.htm

I really enjoy my SIG 229 and think you can't go wrong with it.

I have a G27 also, but after a heavy round of shooting, I find my hand aches a bit.

Back