Best .40auto to get?

Dead

Ok what is the best 40auto to get?? Can either be a small carry pistol, or a full sized pistol. As long as it is a 40auto that is. :)

Oh yeah nothing fancy, just a shooter.

WOW, thats quite a question you asked. Theres not gonna be a clear way to answer until you define your likes/dislikes/needs.

If it were me, since i like traditional double action, i would say the Sig 229. Of course your needs may not fall under the same as mine.

Tim :)

Which .40

I would suggest the Glock Model# 27. Great little gun and a fantastic shooter. You won't go wrong with one of these ;)

Best all around .40? Glock 23. Here's why:

Slide is highly corrosion-resistant
14 round capacity with pre-ban mags
Small enough for concealed carry yet large enough for range gun or duty cun
Very durable
one consistent trigger pull
great feel and balance
lightweight
mags and parts in abundance and reasonable
used by many major agencies including the FBI

CZ 75 .40!

Here is why:

Excellent accuracy
good recoil absorption (not as sharp as most .40's IME)
Great ergonomics
Very reliable
Great value (cost is similar to Ruger)
Very good overall quality
STEEL FRAME! Durable
etc......

This is simply the best .40 pistol out there IMO. I don't even like the .40 cartridge much, but this is one of the few .40 pistols that I would consider buying! That should say it all.

75b.jpg

I would also consider the Ruger P-94 in 40 S&W. I have one, and these guns, IMO, are every bit as durable, accurate and reliable as a Glock 23. A little easier on the wallet, too.

Glock 27 or 23, cant go wrong with either, I am not telling you that they are the best for you just pointing out a couple great reliale autos chambered in .40

Good luck,
Jason

Your question is very broad, because a great deal depends on your personal preference and your specific needs. That having been said, i'm partial to the USP 40

Jesus George saw the Rainbow Six guy pop up on my screen, I hit the deck surrendering. To what I don't no but I was ready to call it quits.

As for which .40 I perfer, I was shooting it yesterday. USP .40, just like our pictured friend above.

Flattop

I would go with either the H&K USP 40 or the Glock 23. Both are very durable, lightweight, easily concealable and extremely effective. The Glock is a dummyproof pistol. You squeeze the trigger, it shoots. I consider the H&K a classic pistol. I love German products, so I"m kind of partial. (ha-ha)

Good Luck in Your Decision,
wolf

Back