Beretta PX4 Storm?

Just one humble opinion that runs contra to the failing Beretta pistol team, but a manufacture should update all guns when parts are viewed as an upgrade but materially aren't expensive or truly different.

Meaning, the PX4 might have done a lot better if all came with the "Stealth" safety levers. Right? Like, charge more to have crappier huge levers. Here is a novel idea, through in the cheap parts to convert the F to the G....say...for free.

So what did Beretta do? They created a near double cost version with the "Stealth" levers of a compact and (to really give anyone who bought previous version the finger) called it the "PX4 Carry."

Beretta. What were the other versions of the PX4? Not carry guns? Did you not want people to be carrying your PX4 before the PX4 Carry came out?

Just stupid.

Just one humble opinion that runs contra to the failing Beretta pistol team, but a manufacture should update all guns when parts are viewed as an upgrade but materially aren't expensive or truly different.

Meaning, the PX4 might have done a lot better if all came with the "Stealth" safety levers. Right? Like, charge more to have crappier huge levers. Here is a novel idea, through in the cheap parts to convert the F to the G....say...for free.

So what did Beretta do? They created a near double cost version with the "Stealth" levers of a compact and (to really give anyone who bought previous version the finger) called it the "PX4 Carry."

Beretta. What were the other versions of the PX4? Not carry guns? Did you not want people to be carrying your PX4 before the PX4 Carry came out?

Just stupid.

One thing I’d say is there are actually people that don’t like the stealth levers. I found this out when debating going that route and looking at reviews on Langdon Tactical (they sell those levers and a version that’s in between). For the decocker the stealth levers are practically flush with the slide, which can make activating them somewhat tricky depending on how you do it. I can see some reason to not making them the standard.

You can buy the stealth levers from Beretta for $45. Should it just come with them as an option? Yeah I think that’s a fair point, but by the time the stealth levers came out the PX4 was already not a particularly big commercial success so perhaps Beretta didn’t see a point. Installing them is also not as easy as installing say a back strap and if you screw it up or lose a part you have a nonfunctional firearm, so I can see a manufacturer not wanting to encourage people to do that on their own.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/kits-parts/px4-safety-low-prof-type-g-mfg/

I don’t know that I’m as bothered by the name PX4 Carry as you seem to be. Carry is a designation a number of manufacturers like to use, SIG uses it too and oddly on a pistol with a grip length not necessarily great for concealed carry (they mean it from a duty perspective). Also, the PX4 Carry has more going on than just slimmer levers for close to twice the price. Whether those other differences matter to you is another question.

“Incorporating the stealth levers, night sights, and a lightened trigger pull makes this flat shooting pistol an ideal concealed carry gun.”

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-compact-carry/

It also has Talon grips and a different finish too (I actually would argue the gray cerakote is worse, but it is different). Around me the PX4 Carry is just under $800, the PX4 Compact is just under $600. $200 more for all of that doesn’t seem that bad. Now for a period of time with rebates you could grab a PX4 for under $500 and at that price difference I might do those changes myself, but those rebates seem to be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stupid.

I don’t get what you’re so upset about. Seems to me that probably because of the success of the Langdon Carry PX4 is why Beretta started selling a version like it because of its popularity. I highly doubt they’re flipping the bird to the owners of the non-carry PX4’s.

Just as Tunnel Rat said, you can buy the parts to convert your PX4 to that carry model if you wish. I own three of the “non-carry” PX4s and I did my own conversions to the stealth levers. I didn’t go all out, like the “carry version” that has much more than just safety levers, I just wanted mine converted to a type G instead of the type F format that they came in.

But if it’s any consolation, the higher-priced “carry version” isn’t just in safety levers; along with that you get night sights, two 17-round magazines and a 20-round magazine, lightened trigger pull and a talon grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back