Beretta PX4 Storm?

At that price, I'd definitely be owning another Beretta PX4 Storm.

I loved mine and my ex loved it, too.

She owns it. We didn't keep in touch and I didn't ask for it back. Why does this matter? 2 reasons. 1. To show that a smaller framed woman liked it as well. 2. Be careful when they say they want something. You may not get it back.

Lol, get it!

I have more than one carry pistol, but have shifted to all DA/SA with decockers. Pretty much everything I need to do if I have to use it is the same, except location of the decocker and that will be engaged before I ever have to use it, or after I have used it.

Truthtellers-if you're looking at a Taurus 92 you might also look at the Taurus 99 (but I think they discontinued the 99-I don't see it on their web page.)

The 99 has adjustable sights and a friend told me it's much easier to take out the firing pin block assembly on the 99. It's under the rear sight and on the 92 you'd have to drift out the rear sight to get at it.

This is second hand rumor so check it out with someone that owns one if you're interested. Also, taking out the firing pin block isn't something you'd need to do for ordinary cleaning.

Another 'also' is some folk don't care for adjustable sights and I respect that although I like them myself.

Last time I saw a Taurus 99 was used, but in very good condition, at a Cabela's it was $400...this was a couple years ago. Kind of wish I would have got it.
I like adjustable sights simply because I find when I buy a pistol with fixed sights they don't hit to POA. Can I learn where to hold the sights to hit a target? Yes, but it's a pet peeve of mine. The 92's at least have an drift adjustable rear, that should be good enough.

I’ve had a PX4 full size (Type F) for years. I had tritium night sights added, which was the only improvement I thought it needed, though I did also add a red laser. I’m very accurate with it, and recoil is rather soft. Excellent pistol.

The only gripe I’ve had is that the magazine spring was so stiff that it was hard to load. After a number of years of the mags being 3/4 loaded, the mags have become easier to load. And it was tough (at the time) to find a holster that had room for the red laser.

The OP’s buying price was a good one.

The Wife has the compact version. It is a soft shooter, has a nice trigger that a person with smaller hand can shoot easily, and is reasonably accurate.

Takedown is not difficult.

The only gripe I’ve had is that the magazine spring was so stiff that it was hard to load. After a number of years of the mags being 3/4 loaded, the mags have become easier to load.

I’ve found that true of all the Beretta double stack pistols I’ve owned,to include a 92A1, a PX4, and an APX. The positive point is I don’t see those magazine springs wearing out anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I popped on the PX4. I can pick it up Thursday. Looking forward to shooting it. I suspect it may become part of my carry gun rotation. (Yeah, I know you are supposed to have one carry gun so you don't have to think about it if worst case scenario develops.)

Prof Young

You’ll like that PX4. I love mine so much I have three…lol.

It’s not that you have to have just one carry gun, you just have to be fluent with however many you have and it helps to have them all the same manual of arms. All of my carry guns with the exception of my sometimes-carried backup are all DA/SA so, shooting my Springfield XDE is just the same as my Berettas.

Had one in .40. Utterly reliable, soft recoil as others have noted. Not a fan of Beretta DA/SA safety/decocker setup but have tinges of regret about selling this one.

If you have little episodes of doubt for getting rid of this pistol, I have to ask…. What was it about Beretta’s setup that led you to selling it?

thats a very reasonable price for a gun of that quality, it even has a chrome lined bore

very well made, I would go buy it asap!

I own a full size PX4. Absolutely love it; I think it's one of the best handguns I've ever owned...and that saying a lot.

People are put off by the slightly odd appearance; they shouldn't be.

Good trigger, both DA and SA, an ergonomic grip, extremely consistent ejection, no issues, EVER, feeding anything I've put through it. 17+1 mags with 20+1 available. Smooth mag feeding and drop free.

And it conceals well under a Polo.

Get over the looks, I did.

Last edited:
Saw one in the store Saturday, I was gravely disappointed. I thought the grip magazine and pistol like controls would be an asset. But the conveniently located thumb lever is the slide stop, not a safety; the safety is a cross bolt, disengaging right to left.
If I get a yen for a PCC, I will settle for an AR type.

Saw one in the store Saturday, I was gravely disappointed. I thought the grip magazine and pistol like controls would be an asset. But the conveniently located thumb lever is the slide stop, not a safety; the safety is a cross bolt, disengaging right to left.
If I get a yen for a PCC, I will settle for an AR type.
Jim you may be referring to the carbine. This thread is about the Storm pistol.
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/pistols/px4-family/

Yes, sorry, I was thinking about the PCC.
I know the guys on P-F have a high opinion of the pistol, nearly as high as Glock 19.

I have three PX4s; two .40s and one 9mm They were originally type F-models (safety/decocker lever). After 20 minutes for each gun I converted them to G-models (lever is only a decocker NO SAFETY). All it requires is the removal of a ball bearing from the safety lever.
That made them perfect handguns.
I shoot 200 gr HCFN consistently out of the one (INOX) PX4 .40 and it shoots nice and smooth.

I have three PX4s; two .40s and one 9mm They were originally type F-models (safety/decocker lever). After 20 minutes for each gun I converted them to G-models (lever is only a decocker NO SAFETY). All it requires is the removal of a ball bearing from the safety lever.
That made them perfect handguns.
I shoot 200 gr HCFN consistently out of the one (INOX) PX4 .40 and it shoots nice and smooth.

If it wasn’t for them gaudy, overly large levers on the slide, I probably would have F-to-G converted mine that way too but then again, I wanted to make my pistols look like factory originals so I just bought the stealth-lever kits and called it a day.

And yeah, I know, a lot of people still call what I did is a modification from its original form and even though that probably is true, I did convert it from a type F to type G but at least with mine, you’d have to run the serial number to find out it started its life as a type F.

I think putting parts on the gun from the original maker is pretty safe, even if they are a change from the original factory configuration.

I think putting parts on the gun from the original maker is pretty safe, even if they are a change from the original factory configuration.
You would think but I guess it all depends on how the manufacturer thinks or a jury in a courtroom if a modified gun was used in a self-defense case.

DA/SA rotating barrel 9mm? Can you say Beretta Cougar? I had one, briefly, and really liked it. I liked it so much I gifted it to my younger brother, who was blown away by the fit and finish of a genuine Beretta.

Not to say the Stoeger isn't nice, had one of those, too. But there's something about a Beretta nine. I shoot them so well. Guess that's why I have a 92 Centurion w a G model decocker installed.

Enjoy your PX4.

Back