Beretta Nano, issues FTE 350 rounds in

Note: 100% of Carl's posts are in praise of Beretta Nano or PICO.

I am about 80% the same for Walther.

Just something the avg viewer needs to know in this thread, no knock to Carl.

Probably correct, even though I own about 25 pistols and revolves and some very good one's.
I do not make any qualms about being a fan boy on these two Pistols. And I know them well.

I think the post above is interesting where the poster say's his sights fell off on the first range trip. And he had a few failures and declares the gun to not be a good gun. Lol, I think anyone that bought a Nano, Pico would have noticed how Beretta made changing out the sights so easy. Common sense would have been to have read the manual and simply put lock tight on the sight before going to the range. But it is easier for him to just blame the gun.

I would be interested to see what gun he likes and then break down the Parts and compare. And then lets see if there are any failures of his gun. Of course there would be. You can look up failures on any guns. But then, I would not bash the gun just because of this.
Yes, I know you like the Walther and they are damn nice guns. And of course I have seen the same lame comments about them from Posters. You really do have to laugh, but on the other hand it is irritating.

Walther, Beretta etc. are not new to the game of manufacturing fine firearms They build great guns. The Nano has been around now for 8 years and doing just fine. And I am not the only one in the fan club.

Yes, I have bought three Nano's, two Pico's and I am going to get the APX Carry as well. I certainly would not do this, if I didn't believe 100% in the Product. Yes, there are some great guns out there and I own a few. Sigs, a Glock Rugers, Smith's,Kahrs etc. and others. But my personal favorite is the Beretta. I actually enjoy others that post about their favorite, and those that are fanboys. How about we live and let live. I have no problem with anyone that has a favorite.
Thanks for Posting.

Last edited:
Update Beretta Nano Service

"Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support."

"Sir, your Nano was received and logged in to our repairs database on 9/18, and is awaiting inspection. Please note that our average turn-around time is 4-5 weeks"

"We thank you for choosing Beretta"

:rolleyes: Not overjoyed at this point. We shall see

4-5 weeks doesn't seem too unreasonable. My Sig was about 3 weeks, but Sig is in the same state as me. My Uzi took 8 friggin months ! That was UNACCEPTABLE. I wanted some custom work done at S&W and they quoted me about 8 week turnaround.

I was always of the opinion that if a gun is prone to failure with limp wristing, I wouldnt carry it as a SD gun

Limp wristing is a SHOOTER error not a weapon issue or design flaw. Fix your grip and stance as you learn to manage recoil properly.

Your pistol marksmanship and follow on shot accuracy will greatly improve.

Limp wristing is a SHOOTER error not a weapon issue or design flaw. Fix your grip and stance as you learn to manage recoil properly.

Your pistol marksmanship and follow on shot accuracy will greatly improve.

Agree,

Psantos, do not be surprised if you get it back MUCH quicker.

Last edited:
My thoughts on limp wristing issues are: its not acceptable on a self
defense gun.

I earlier posted I was attacked by a huge German Shepard once, he wasnt going to wait for me, to get into a combat stance.

It would have been one handed shooting at best. I had my hands full of fur and his collar.

I agree Carl, a month isnt a big deal, if they get it done right. :)

psantos, don't worry about the wrist limping. The Nano is Not prone to do this and I personally have not had any issue. Sorry, that this is going on. I was just looking for a remote possibility that might have been a issue . Their are two video's out now of he Carry which is basically the Nano and they try and induce limp wristing without success.
I am truly sorry I even mentioned this.
The Limp Wristing of any gun should be it's own thread. Sorry it turned into this nonsense.

Please let me know when you get your gun back. And by the way, I have been shooting the Nano standard grip and the Carry Grip side by side. Still cannot tell which one I prefer the most. That said, Nice to have one of each.

Ps. When you get your gun back, PM me. I have a list of ammo (26 brands) one owner that that is a ballistics enthusiast and a fan of the Nano shot with no problems other than one brand. I am hesitant to even post this, because sure enough, some guy will post about how he does not trust any gun that does not shoot any ammo. And just do not feel up to listening to that nonsense either.

Last edited:
Not taking the bait. If you have something to offer about helping the OP, or own the gun then fine we would all love to hear it. Myself included. If you want to just sit on the internet all night and look for a fight. then just not interested in what you have to say or view any more of your comments.
Have a good evening.

Hi Carl:

No problem at all, this group seems to be an opinionated bunch.

Its an enjoyable hobby, no need to stress about any ones opinions

I appreciate your responses.

Hi Carl:

No problem at all, this group seems to be an opinionated bunch.

Its an enjoyable hobby, no need to stress about any ones opinions

I appreciate your responses.
Thanks and you are right, just the way the net is these days. By the way, I had the Nano out yesterday with the New ARX grip. Trying to get use to it after shooting so many rounds through the Nano. I was with a friend that owns the Nano for years and owns the APX also. We have been doing quite a bit of comparing the two. I am slowly getting use to the new grip and notice there is a difference in how my finger moves forward. I even scratched my off hand with the nail of my trigger finger. That said, after shooting a few boxes of ammo and making adjustments, I shot the New Grip quite well.
Both of us agree that their is not much difference in the Nano and Carry other than the serrations, slide lock. The Grip does give a sensation of a little bit of difference but so minuscule is really is not noticeable.

PS Also tested out the Sig 365 SAS. I have to say I was impressed with the sights. The 365 is not a good fit for my particular hand, but I did have a good time shooting it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I have a number of shooters at my club I belong to that are Nano/Carry fans. If I do not know the answer, I will ask them.
Hoping your Nano comes back soon. Please let me know.

Is it really the way the net is, or have there always been fanboys and haters alike? Finding an impartial opinion is never easy. People have to weigh responses and judge for themselves. I am sure the OP will report back and let us all know, regardless of whether we send him our emails, phone numbers, and Instagram accounts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Received a package from Beretta, time frame very good

"polished feed ramp and chamber, adjusted extractor"

They test fired 30 rds WWB 115 ammo.

Will see how it goes.

I did question accuracy, I shoot a lot with my J frame and Kahr P-9 and even a dreaded Taurus 709

All have much better accuracy.

Shoot be able to get to the range this weekend.

Will test fire shortly

Carl: I held a 365, I know what you mean, for some reason it feels odd in my hand, maybe with a hogue beavertail grip?

I have a set on my Kahr P-9 makes a dramatic difference

Was thinking about a Glock 48x, so many guns, not enough money :)

I do have a Kahr CT9, amazing value btw! Replaced the original extractor (was to tight) , works great now

Last edited:
Received a package from Beretta, time frame very good

"polished feed ramp and chamber, adjusted extractor"

They test fired 30 rds WWB 115 ammo.

Will see how it goes.

I did question accuracy, I shoot a lot with my J frame and Kahr P-9 and even a dreaded Taurus 709

All have much better accuracy.

Shoot be able to get to the range this weekend.

Will test fire shortly

Carl: I held a 365, I know what you mean, for some reason it feels odd in my hand, maybe with a hogue beavertail grip?

I have a set on my Kahr P-9 makes a dramatic difference

Was thinking about a Glock 48x, so many guns, not enough money :)

I do have a Kahr CT9, amazing value btw! Replaced the original extractor (was to tight) , works great now
Congrats! I knew it would not take long. Spend some time with the Nano,I Think you will find it very accurate once you adjust to it. If you shoot the Kahr well, you sound be able to do the same with the Nano.
I love my Kahr CM9 and CW380. I would not mind having any Kahr Product.

PS Since you have the Nano, you might want to try the Carry grip. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back