Bear PROTECTION, not Bear Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
bear spray has a valid place, with a firearm, not instead of a firearm.

Shhhhhh!

Dude!, that's not what the bear-perfume advocates want to hear. :rolleyes:

You'll disturb their harmonic calm. :eek:

Wait.

I assume you're an adult?

You are calling bear spray perfume?

Any reasonable person and mod should probably discount your opinion on this matter.

I have no objection to anyone having an opinion different than mine. I think the choice between a firearm,bear spray,or both ,is a personal one.
Its OK to disagree.

But there is a line crossed when one person insults everyone who disagrees with him.

Agtman,feel free to use or not use whatever you please. I really don't care.

When my situation called for it,I used a gun to kill the bear. I had no bear spray. IMO,this bear fit the pattern of a predatory male black bear bent on eating someone. Per Herrero and the bear experts,once these bears begin attacking humans,they are likely to repeat,given a chance.

Which,IMO,might mean ,had I used bear spray,the next person who met that bear may have been killed.

I'm not interested in bear hunting. I'll leave bears alone if they leave me alone.

I have no insult or disrespect for those who use bear spray.There are different situations.
Agtman,you don't know me.You have no idea where my politics are.

You have nothing new to say.OK.We get it. You don't believe in bear spray.I'm cool with that.

Please tell me the story about the time you used bear spray on a bear and it was ineffective.

Surely for you to be so emphatic about what other folks should choose,you have something more than ignorance to base your opinion upon.

And my calm is not easily disturbed.

Last edited:
A lot of good information and discussion. And, I have no doubt that we'll have a similar discussion again, perhaps when more information becomes available on the topic.

For now, before the exchange gets too heated, let's call this one done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back