BB Gun Mods

Hmm...one of my friends has a couple of katanas (cheap stainless-steel ones, mostly for fun). He doesn't really NEED them, though, he's a fifth dan black belt.

Anyone know where I can get a blade that's good enough to practice and fight with, but not too expensive?

Not every weapon needs to kill.

Use a $10 fire extinguisher.

I can't imagine anybody saying "You can't have an assualt extinguisher!".

:rolleyes:

It's cheap, hassle free, effective, and also puts out fires! Oooohhhh. :D

Getcha one of those cheap PR-24's with the side handle and work out with it. Cheaper than the ASP's and more effective. Books are around that show some techniques for them.

PR's are for that vast grey area where you cant or shouldnt use a gun, (like a college campus!). They are a most wonderful device and arent seen as an extremist thing yet. the side handle permits muce versatility in useage, strikes, low/high blocks, wrist drags (very painful), GA ST. Police takedown, and more. Concentrate on the joints! knees, elbows, collarbones (7lbs strike to break).

My PR's got me out of tight spots a few times...love it.

One of the most viscous close quarters non-firearm/blade self defense weapons I have ever seen was a super soaker squirt gun filled with household ammonia. It will put down the biggest attacker from across a dorm room. You must get a face shot for the full effect.

The type of pepper gas canister used for bears is also a consideration. And its burns regular skin as well.

When I was on campus I kept a Jo staff made of hickory. I put two brackets up on the wall and hung the staff parallel to the floor above my bed. Draping a towel or wall hanging with the school logo or other trademark completes the illusion. With proper training a stout 4 foot staff will cover 95% of your dorm room self defense.

As far as blades chose a knife designed for food preperation. I kept a cutting board on the end of my desk for preperation of sandwiches and such. Just behind it was a razor sharp OLD HICKORY butcher knife. You don't have to be tactical to kick butt.

STrider, I am also a college student. ACtually I'm graduating in a few months.

My parents are LA Republicans, but I won my dad over to the RKBA side though he's more comfortable without a gun, and my mom would flip out if he had one.

Do you play guitar or golf? If I were you and absolutely had to get a shotgun, I'd find something that were really compact, like with a folding stock, and stow it like in a violin case or something while you were away, even if you can't get to it fast. It's better than nothing. A pistol is easier to hide, but more expensive and I know how college budgets get. I'll assume you're less than 21, so that's out of the question.

I have 2 banjos, 2 guitars, a Dobro, a violin, mandolin, Chinese violin, grandpa's chinese violin and grandpa's electric guitar, so my closet is filled with cases...as well as two spare gigbags for my banjo and guitar. Hiding a somg gun in there is pretty easy as long as it locks. My sister plays a little guitar, so I'd be worried about her peeking in there and finding it if I left it at home. I live off campus so it's no problem.

As a dependent adult, it's difficult to spend $300 without mom and dad noticing. If you absolutely had to, I'd do cash, maybe launder it by pulling out $50 of the ATM every week or so, or pull out $200 or $300 the first week at an ATM for "textbooks" and other "school-related fees" as there are a lot esp at the beginning of the semester. Stash the cash and use some of it for a shotgun. Not telling you to piss your parents off, but if it's that important....

To me, I rather live the risk of being unarmed for a while...the chances of us getting attacked are very low, even in LA (decent neighborhood, Westwood, though UCLA has more crime on campus than USC, so I heard) and the chances of my parents finding/getting pissed are very high.

I'm also in college here in California. FIrst year, I lived in the dorms and all I had for defense was a can of pepper spray, and my Benchmade folding knife. I almost got in trouble when I ordered a can of 12 gauge shells to my dorm address, and was questioned as to wether or not I had a firearm in my room. I didn't, and they let me off the hook (and I got to keep the ammo). Is the campus really that bad, where you feel the need to be armed even in a dorm with hundreds of other students? On my campus, access to the living areas of the dorms is only granted to the people who live there, and all the doors are kept locked. Of course, I lived on the 3rd floor, so I wasn't really concerned with a burglar breaking into my room.

As soon as I moved into an off-campus apartment, I brought my Mossberg, and this year I'm giong to be buying my first handgun.

Kevlarman, my school is pretty strict. No nunchakus, anything like that. I was even worried bringing a kitchen knife to my friends' dorm, we made sushi. Ya gotta see my sushi knife, it's huge :D

Last I checked, yo ucan't even have ammo here. Just to be safe, I was gonna shoot my coworker's .223 and I left my ammo at work.

Riddleofsteel:

In most (if not all) states, spraying someone with a caustic chemical (lye, acid, and probably ammonia ) is a crime punished by life in prison. You'd do less time for killing a person with a gun than for spraying them with a supersoaker with a corrosive chemical in it.

The "It's not an assualt stick (;)), it's a towel rack!" is a good idea. Proper camoflauge makes the difference.

pellet gun-forget it

How about getting yourself a stun gun and/or pepper spray? Both are easily hideable and can be an ideal defence in your situation.

An un-sharpened steel bar (2 feet long, 2 inches whide, 1/3" thick) with rounded edges on the grip end (and maybe something for traction wrapped around the grip end) would be as effective as a Medeival sword and not conspicuous.

Back