Armadillos

if you want to use it for deer too why not jump up just a little bit to a .243? Recoil is still very manageable and the little extra power cant hurt plus the .243 is a pretty flat shooting round.

My grandpa's neighbor decided that his .22 wouldn't be enough to get through the shell so he decided to use his 30-30. He only did that once before he decided it was more work to clean up all the pieces than to just use the .22

I suspect that a gun is not necessary for killing armadillos. I have never tried it but it seems like you could run one down and kill it with a club.

Armadillos carry leprosy...yup leprosy. Google it and you will see.
I shoot them all the time with my .45 cowboy action gun and its a blast

hate these little creatures. a few times per year they show up for a week or so and "airate" my yard for me. near break my knee or ankle every time. they showed up 3 days ago. thinking about staying up tonight to do some "plinking" when they arrive. unfortunatly we have been having a big bear visiting this week to and i dont want to deal with her if need be

My grandpa's neighbor decided that his .22 wouldn't be enough to get through the shell so he decided to use his 30-30. He only did that once before he decided it was more work to clean up all the pieces than to just use the .22

People either already know or soon find out that the .22 has it's uses. Not only is it a versatile cartridge, but there are some things, like killing rats, prairie dogs, and other smallish varmints, where larger hunting catridges can't be substituted.

Back