Armadillo Hunting

Well, a horse ain't nuthin' but a vet bill, waitin' on an opportunity. At least they're not as dumb as a domestic turkey. :D

Hadn't heard about the mothball deal, before. Mothballs are camphor, as in Campho-Phenique liniment. A little sprinkle, here; a little sprinkle, there...:)

Seems like it'd be more fun to cap off a two-foot piece of 8" well casing, tie some earthworms to a 1/4-stick of dynamite and play "Launch-a-diller".

:D, Art

My mothballs are naphthalene. Put em in the hole when plantin things. Keeps the gophers away. Put em on the window sill keeps the javalina out of the kitchen when the snow is deep.

Horses are good for cross country transportation. You will always have food.

Sam

ballistic:
Come on now, explain yourself. Save me the heartaches. I might, just might, be able to learn from others mistakes, err, experiences.

Well for starters, the people you deal with! Callers, or customers, in your case, can range from deathly afraid to extrememly annoying. I couldn't imagine having to deal with them face to face.

Second, the dreaded "there's something dead under my doublewide" complaint. And no, FWC does not crawl around in attics to remove dead racoons. That goes over real well with old ladies.

Finally the rules dealing with nuisance removal, ie can't transport live racoons, meaning you cap them in place.

Overall, unless it's something like you've got at the golf course I personally wouldn't bother. That's just me. If I were going to do it, I would limit myself (if in your case) to the golf course and select animals, ie beaver, coyotes, hogs, etc. I'm not willing to drive 60 miles to make 20 bucks getting a possum out of trash can.

A really good thing to get is training to deal with venomous reptiles, but that takes up to a year to get permits for. You can pretty much write your own ticket with one of those.

Again if it's something you want to do, cool. Just keep it in perspective. BTW you can call me at 1-800-342-8105 if you have any questions, but I'm off til Friday at midnight. Or you can leave a msg for "Cord".

Later.

Back