Anyone know how/if the Sig P365 is drop safe?

You obviously know that nothing is drop safe. If that is truly a concern, stay away from guns and pepper spray and resort to carrying hockey pucks.
Ah this old argument. The laziest strawman out there. Because nothing is 100% safe then it doesn't matter if a product by a company shows itself to be significantly less tolerant of drops than the competition. There's a difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. Only by expecting more of companies do we get improved products. And guess what, SIG was able to remedy the issue. It didn't bankrupt them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah this old argument. The laziest strawman out there. Because nothing is 100% safe then it doesn't matter if a product by a company shows itself to be significantly less tolerant of drops than the competition. There's a difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. Only by expecting more of companies do we get improved products. And guess what, SIG was able to remedy the issue. It didn't bankrupt them.

I agree that Sig stepped up to fix these issues(along with the P320) but since the question, 'is the handgun drop safe?' comes up often, wondering why Sig didn't test/see/fix before introduction?

You obviously know that nothing is drop safe. If that is truly a concern, stay away from guns and pepper spray and resort to carrying hockey pucks.
I also know that no automobile is 100% safe in a collision. By your logic, I should therefore be willing to drive any automobile regardless of its safety features and consider them to be all equally safe -- or else stick to walking?

USNRet93 said:
I agree that Sig stepped up to fix these issues(along with the P320) but since the question, 'is the handgun drop safe?' comes up often, wondering why Sig didn't test/see/fix before introduction?

Sig did test the P320 before its introduction. And Sig probably tested the changes made to the P320 trigger after its introduction. What Sig did not do was test the P320 in exactly the way necessary to find the flaw in the P320; the "industry standard" testing protocols simply failed to detect the problem. Sig subsequently expanded testing procedures very significantly.

TunnelRat said:
The firing pin block didn't help the P320. That's what motivated this question.

And it didn’t help the P320 because the trigger had enough mass (i.e. was “chunky”) to let inertia affect the trigger, even though the P320 trigger was also hollowed out some.

I think it is probably good to go. I've dropped one and am still living to tell about it!

Last edited:
Is it an even lazier strawman than trying to link two completely different designs as having the same issue?

:rolleyes:
It's about as lazy as quoting someone out of context and suggesting they made an argument they didn't in fact make.

:rolleyes:

Guns DO get dropped...some 'do' go off when they are dropped. Ones that are 'known' to not be drop safe are just that, not 'safe' to drop..choose wisely.
I've always considered myself a cautious person, but I did drop my LCP this year when taking it out of the trunk after a range trip. It was rushing to get my stuff together at the range and had stuffed everything back into the carry bag, but didn't zip it fully. When I pulled it out along with a bunch of other things, the LCP fell out and hit the pavement on my driveway.

It was unloaded, but it shows that if you're not carrying a gun for defense and it's not in the home for defense, it should NOT be loaded during transport.

The idea that a firearm shouldn't be drop safe is a place where Darwin likes to hang.

USNRET93, were we talking about the P320 or the P365? I am confused now.
So, if this pistol is dropped similarly to the pre-recalled P320, what is to keep the trigger from "pulling itself" under the inertia of the drop?

I think this thread has evolved to the 2 handguns from Sig that have shown to have more than a few 'issues' out of the box..was my and other's point.

Or being so sensitive as to think it was a slight against them and not the thread....

Well, you did quote me specifically, so there is that.

I can see why people would link the two, but given the P320 is fixed at this point, and we're not seeing P365 memes I think it's safe to assume the P365 isn't suffering these problems.

but given the P320 is fixed at this point, and we're not seeing P365 memes I think it's safe to assume the P365 isn't suffering these problems.

I think you are being somewhat generous...I guess sometimes SIG gets a pass when other 'brands' don't..just an observation this cold, dark, winter's day(see other thread in SA handgun section)...

I think you are being somewhat generous...I guess sometimes SIG gets a pass when other 'brands' don't..just an observation this cold, dark, winter's day(see other thread in SA handgun section)...
If you read the posts back to when the issue with the P320 came out, I think the idea that I give SIG a pass would be pretty humorous, especially to our friend David.

But to the point, what would convince you exactly?

Back