Anyone Else So "Done" with Mosins ...

thanks Kraig. em con I do not see that quote bubble to clic on. I checked all the icons on a post as well on my reply page. I see smileys attachments links etc

I just don't see how these jokers get away with selling field grade Garands on gunbroker for upwards of a grand, and the cmp sells them for like 6-700. Just doesn't make sense why someone would gouge that much.

They're trying to keep the riff-raff out of the Garand owners community.

I checked all the icons on a post as well on my reply page. I see smileys attachments links etc

You don't have this?

attachment.php

4th from the right, next to #

Attachments

• quote_button.JPG
    quote_button.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 114
I bought a mini14 in 1988 or 87 with a minimum wage job. I coulda purchased it with one paycheck, but I woulda been broke till the next payday. I saved a couple of paydays, but wasn't difficult to do. A 22lr was very cheap... many of them were in the 20$ or lower range.

As a child, I purchased 22 bricks with my lunch money and had change left.

Anyway; if someone could tell me what this thread is about, I'd be much obliged. Not sure why I responded either.

I just don't see how these jokers get away with selling field grade Garands on gunbroker for upwards of a grand, and the cmp sells them for like 6-700. Just doesn't make sense why someone would gouge that much.

They're trying to keep the riff-raff out of the Garand owners community.

Funny but true. Well said. :cool:

To answer the OP's question/statement, no, I'm not done with Mosins. I have 4 91/30's. I shoot them all. They're all 2 moa or better. I reload, of course. I have been working on the trigger on my '43 Izhevsk and I have it down to 4#, very little creep, no grittiness and when it let's off it breaks like the proverbial glass rod. Once I get it all dialed in, I intend to do the other 3 as well. And yes, for all you skeptics out there, it passes the bounce test for the safety.
I shot it in a 600 yard match last month. It didn't place or show but it was fun as Hell and it turned in a very respectable score.
Jon

yes em con I see that now still have to figure it out lol on other forums you can clic on the post it comes up in the reply page and I clic quote in response

yes em con I see that now still have to figure it out lol on other forums you can clic on the post it comes up in the reply page and I clic quote in response

That is a option in the forum software which is disabled here. Prevents someone quoting a huge post with 10 big photos and just typing "Cool" like you see on other forums.

If you want to quote someone, you need to put in some effort. :D

Op, you're right. I'm going to sell all 14 of my mosin nagants, they are garbage. Do my American made mosin nagants get a pass?

I'm all done with the Mosins. I bought one, shot it for a while, and lost interest in it.

As with other firearms that I have lost interest in, including the M1A for example, it was traded off for something else and that was that.

Last edited:
Back