Anybody else just not like stainless pistols?

I have room for both stainless and blued handguns. What I am growing tired of is all the matted out plastic stuff today.
Although a shiny Glock or other plastic framed semi would look pretty gamey, in my opinion.;)

Hi, in Sgt127 and, I'm a free sweater.

Not normal sweat.

Military grade, Haz Mat, weaponized sweat. If I shove a blue gun in my waistband and carry it for 2 hours in the summer in Texas, it will be brown.

My concealed carry guns are hard chromed or stainless.
I have an SP101 and a S&W 65 3" that I carry alot. I have to keep them wiped down too but, not nearly as much.

I coat the grip frames with Boeshield. About every two weeks, I take the grips off and scrub the rust off with a bronze brush and Hoppes. And, recoat with Boeshield or CorrosionX.

I have a Sig P239 that's stainless and alloy. I had all the controls hard chromed. I carry appendix, in a holster. Not long ago, I found rust in the freaking barrel.

I have a nice selection of blued guns of all kinds. But, for carry, I'll take stainless every time.

I like case hardened the best. Out of Blued and stainless Ill take stainless every time.

I also like pearl grips... Yeah I like guns that George Patton would mock, but I like what I like.

when I saw the Sig P210 in Silver and I could not resist and had to buy one.

WFxtDdxl.jpg

Is that P210 stainless, or nickel? Without looking it up I'd bet it was nickel.

@lee n. field,

It is silver PVD coating. Something about the silver and the wooden grips on that gun just short circuited my brain and caused my fingers to involuntarily click the order button.

never owned one

I prefer traditional blued steel or military parkerized

the same as the military

maybe if I needed it for MARITIME USE on a vessel

Depends - as much as I like deeply blued revolvers like the old Colt Pythons and vintage Smiths I don't have a problem at all with my 686/629 stainless revolvers. Some revolvers like the Ruger GP100 are not blued very good to begin with and I would much rather have them in stainless.

In semi autos I just have not warmed up to the look of most stainless 1911s . Then again most 1911s these days have the dull looking parkerized finish , not a real traditional blue finish. On the other hand I once traded in a US made Walther PPK/S blue for the same model in stainless.

I don't like stainless or the baked on colors. I just want plain old blue. I bought
a m63 Kit Gun to carry fishing. I have never carried it, just can't abide a shiney
Pistol.

Back