Any Sig fans here...

I picked up a Sig 220 in Dec. because it was a good deal, and it felt really good in my hands in terms of balance and target acquisition (point-ability). The 220 was my first Sig, and first .45 for that matter, and grouped really well compared to how I was shooting my Glock 23 and Glock 22.

So, I gots to thinking that I'll need something I can group better than my G23 and go play "gun games" (IDPA) with to stay proficient for concealed carry. Got a Sig 239 in .40 last week with the tax return. Nearly all shots in the black or in the rings from 7 to 15 yds (on the el-cheapo 25 yd rifle targets I got @ Bass Pro). One of the best days I've had in a long time with 100 rnds.

Took the Glock 23 and 50 rnds 180 gr FMJ out today for comparison purposes. Trigger finger still stings so bad I feel it with every keystroke. Groups opened way up after about 20 rounds. Stinging finger means loss of trigger control leading to bad grouping. Bad grouping means no gun games, unless I want to be low score provider, a public service I provided at a recent USPSA/IPSC shoot with my G22. No gun games with a weapon means why bother to carry it for CWP purposes.

So, my carry weapon will be the Sig 239 once the Blade-Tech IWB arrives. Sig finish and frame cracking issues be darned. Already thinking about a Sig 229 in .40 to attempt USPSA/IPSC again (need the 10 rnd mag capacity).

Anyone got any pointers on how to properly grind down and smooth out the trigger safeties on Glocks?? Better yet, is Sig addiction curable in the early stages?? I think I have a problem.

Sigs and Kimbers is the most overrated pistols I have shot (and I own two Sigs).

I like Sigs, but I sincerely do not belive some of the accuracy claims that people say. My Sigs is accurate, but not to the extent that people claim. I think people exagerate Sig and Kimber accuracy to hype up the name. The one thing I buy is reliability. My Sigs have perfect reliability so far. Sigs is a great gun, but they overrated big time.

LOL!

"Better yet, is Sig addiction curable in the early stages??" -- MitchbSC

I cannot tell a lie...the answer is 'no'. :cool:

Been trying to get hold of this particular Sig. It seems that I will never have that gun. I am still waiting for things to process. I wish I could make time move back and forward. Just like a DVD. Just go to a particular scene with just a press of a button. That's how much trying to get this gun has made me feel. As soon as I get in my hands, man that will be sweet.

In awe...

I never thought I could fall in absolute love with an eight round 9mm, but the 225 made it all happen. What a dream to shoot. Has the smoothest action I have ever felt on a semi-auto, and the balance/feel of the gun is amazing.

To all the 226/229/228 owners out there pick up a 225 before they are gone for good. You won't find too many as I surmize there won't be too many being turned in for a "better" gun.

Once you shoot 225 your hooked for good.

Peter

Don't talk too much about the 225. Some of us still want to get a few more and you're just increasing the demand :)

Back