Any Sig fans here...

HKUSP45C

Hi,
Any Sig fans here? I got something to share.
I started out as a HK fan, buying nothing but thier USP and USPc pistols until I wanted something new for a change. Looked and looked and looked, .. tried to decide between the P99, Glock 19, or another HK. The Sig was to my least concern at the time. I held it at the store a few times and didn't like it. Time past and I kept shopping. Then, all of a sudden, I had a sudden urge to try out the Sig again. Didn't know why but just did. I ended up buying a Sig 229 in 9mm just to see what the ravings is about and WOW! Love it. I never even thought I would have a Sig before and kinda even disliked it because of the rumors or a few people with rust and crack frames.

Now, I am itching for another Sig. There is just something about it I love so much. Can't explain. I'm starting to like my Sig more the my HKs. (scary)
Anyone here shares my new found joy? For those shopping around for a new gun, try the Sig out. It make take a little time to like it but once you do, you will love it for life.
ST

One down, a couple of million to go...

ST, as for a stock combat gun, the Sigs are hard to beat. And short of a manufacturing defect, your frame will last for quite some time.

I love my Sigs! They may not be pretty, but I they run without a hitch. And IMHO, their better looking than Glocks. I'm picking up a new 226 in 9mm on Saturday. I would have bought a 228, but I can't get it here in Kali anymore. I was surprised to see that the 228 was as accurate at the 226. You should have good luck with the 229.

-Red-

Sig Sauer

Before I could legally buy a handgun, a Sig Sauer P226 was the ultimate for me. (I kinda like the sound...Sig Sauer) Not even a Colt Gov't Model. After several brands I finally put enough quarters together and got a Sig Sauer. Not a P226 but a P229 in .40 and I was not disappointed. I've also shot the P229 in 9mm and personally I prefer it slightly over the P228. Its wonderful and you will be happy with it. I guess I have a P229 bias.:D

I've traded in or sold various brands (even that Colt) but I can never part with my Sig Sauer.

Although, now that I think about it I do miss my Colt now.:(
Dang it.

I fell off the Glock band wagon early. Moved to Beretta and never looked back. Then one day I was eyeing a Beretta cougar. What I really wanted was a small single stack handgun for CC. I picked up a Sig P239 and never put it back down. It is my now my carry gun of choice. Small, reliable, tack driver. I absolutley love the thing.

I own a P228, P239X2 and a P-220 and can honestly tell you they are hard to beat in any category. The cracked frames and rust are a little blwn out of proportion, I have had many over the years and with normal maintnence and cleaning you should never see a problem.

Your situation is unique though, I have never heard of anyone needing their leg twisted to buy a Sig, usualy if you have the money, the Sig is the way to go. There is very little negatives that can be said about Sigs and thats the bottom line.

Congrats!

Now head over to http://www.sigforum.com for some good Sig talk.

Jason

I. too, am a SIGnut

My first was a 228, then a 232, a 226, a 239, and most recently, a 225. I have several other makes, too, but the SIGs just 'talk' to me. All have been eminently reliable, very accurate. The 226 is the most accurate and best looking (all nickle with Hogue Pau Fero grips), the 228 is my first love, I routinely carry the 239, but the 225 is really growing on me. I think I'm getting the "I wants' for a stainless 220. Oh, well, I guess there's no cure. M2

I guess the only way to treat the Sig addiction is steady flow of Sigs. I even quit smoking to have more money for ammo to feed my Sig <g>
I wish have a Sig magazine. Kinda like the Glock Magazine they have out.
ST

I have a 220 and a 245.Like the 220 better then the 245.Little bit of barrel length makes the balance different.Very accurat and never jam to me the best buy on the market.

I've only got one (P226 .40S&W) but hope to get another (P220?) someday. My 226 is the best.

Hey ST

Good to see you here.

I guess I would say I'm still undecided. I love my 225. I love my 226. The 2340 is fantastic and I think my 230 is about the neatest little carry gun ever made.

But what about the next one I buy??????

That's because Glockheads have a inferiority complex when it comes time to compare Sigs to Glocks. Sigs are superior pistols and they HATE it....;)

I have a Sig P232 that I got as a carry gun because of reliability problems with my Kimber Ultra Carry (which have since been largely cured -- yet I stick with the Sig because I have come to be quite fond of it).

I have to say that if the quality of the P232 is indicative of the rest of the Sig line, I will absolutely be buying more of their products in the future. It is a fine little gun, easy to field strip, highly reliable, and accurate for such a small gun (not as accurate as the Walther PPK though). It's very easy to shoot, too, although my Hogue grips place my middle finger in a position to be abraded by the trigger guard (I wear a band-aid for extended shooting).

I had a P-239 (in 9mm) and a P-220, but even after first-rate trigger jobs, could never really get comfortable with the DA/SA transition. (And that seems to be the case with most of my shooting buddies: they love the guns, but the first shot is generally not grouped with the rest of them.)

One friend has a P-220 with the smoothest, lightest DA I've ever felt in a SIG, and if he EVER wants to sell that gun, I'm first in line.

The one SIG I've kept is my P-210, which has one of the best triggers available, straight out of the box. (It also came with a proof target showing a group of a little more than an inch at 50 meters (or roughly 55 yards, I'm told [not too good at this metrics, stuff].)

Personally, I much prefer the CZ-75s and CZ-85s to the SIG DA line. (I have a CZ-85 Combat with the optional Kadet .22 top end; I practice IDPA first shots with the .22, and its near Match quality in accuracy.)

The first handgun I bought was a SIG 229 .40 S&W. I've put over 4000 rounds through it without a hitch,other than a few stovepipe jams. Very reliable.

Bought a 220 (.45) and have had the same satisfaction with it. I have to laugh now because when I was buying it I was concerned about recoil, as I had never shot a .45 caliber handgun. I was pleasantly suprised to find it quite managable.

Also own a 245 which is nice, but I've had some failures to feed with it. Figures, as I was intending to use it for CCW. I do not have large hands,so the short grip doesn't give me any problems. This summer I'll find out whether the feed problems stem from one particular magazine or if it is something else going on.

The SIGS are very comfortable to hold and shoot, and I like the way the sights are designed. SIGs are well engineered,finely crafted tools.

I have, of late, come to appreciate the sexy lines of a 1911A1, but thats for another thread...

Although I don't have my Sig, I had a P245, but had to trade it for a HKUSP Compact for a class I had to take, I do regret getting rid of the Sig.

I now carry a G36, but I loved the way the slide sounded when you racked the slide and the smooth DA, Crisp SA pulls on the Sig. My only complaint was the recoil of the weapon.

Too bad Sig doesn't make a P245 in a polymer frame, I would definitely get one for the enhanced corrosion protection and reduced recoil.

Good Shooting
REd

I have several SIGs and I can't figure which is my favorite. A few days ago I went to a shooting range loaded with 1000 rds of Win USA 9mm 115 (Very cheap at WalMart) I had my 226 stainless slide (I am sure you know this but the old slides were stamped sheet metal) and I went through about 850 rounds without one hitch. Limp wristing and the infamous gangsta cant did not seem to cause any FTFs. I do not advise on the use of gangsta cant as it doesnt really work well in the accuracy dept. Overall the pistol was accurate and reliable. Sandbagged groups at 50 yds were about 3-4 inches. I swear/affirm that I am not exaggerating. Should you choose to purchase a SIG you'll not be disappointed, I assure you. Incidentally, Mike Middleton at http://www.precisionarmory.com has a variety of sigs I think he even has a .32 acp p230 with external safety for about $300. I picked a sigpro 40 with ns for about $450. I hope this helps

Walt, getting used to the initial DA shot on a DA/SA really comes down to one thing: dry firing a lot. I bought one of those Beamhit laser-target systems to make that practice more entertaining. But that's really all it comes down to -- doing it a lot. I happen to like DA/SA because I'm not terribly fond of keeping my 1911 cocked and locked (yeah, I know intellectually it's safe, but that's a topic that's been done to death on other threads), and I simply don't like the feel of Glock triggers. DA/SA is the best compromise for me, and I got used to it.

Pretty much the same story here.

Tried other pistols, some fine, some not. I even resisted the force of the SIG, partly due to a buddy that swore by them and my own perverse attitude. That is until I came across a great deal on a second hand P-226 K-Kote. Now, I too, swear by the mighty P226.

I hear ya, AR-10. I've taken a recent liking to my Springfield Gov't Model. Just takes a little time to really appreciate it, I guess. :)

I had never seriously considered getting a Sig. They rust overnight, they crack, high bore axis, not to mention expensive...

One day my dealer/gunsmith told a story of a competition shoot he was in where the guys with Sigs were running full steam through the stages, blasting away. He borrowed a 226 in 9mm, and was immediately sold on the soft recoil. After listening to this story, I borrowed his 226 and went into the range with a box of ammo. Wow! Soft recoil is right. I came out of the range and plopped down a deposit on a P228 refurb that he had in the display case. Pretty crafty salesmanship.:D

Ever doubtful (stubborn?), I did a side-by-side comparison against my tried and true G19. Even with an extra-power recoil spring in the Glock, the Sig was easier to shoot. It points better, the grip and controls are 100% more ergonomic, and it's my only handgun that has never malfunctioned (I love saying that:)) I haven't carried my Glock since (though I still love it).

The DA first shot does take some getting used to, but a healthy mix of dry fire and live fire practice fixes that right up. :)

It really drives my GlockChat buddies nuts every time I say:

"SIG Sauer is quite simply the finest combat auto the world has ever seen!!!" :D

Back