Any 8mm shooters here?

8mm Ammo, Rifles

I have about 5k rounds of WW2 German 8mm, including 6 or 7 battle carrier boxes (with the cotton ribbon carrying handle), 2k of Romanian in spam cans, 1k of Yugo milsurp, a couple hundred WW2 FN, and more assorted 8mm milsurp in smaller quantities. To shoot all this, I have a Yugo-reworked K98k, a Mitchell's Mauser K98K (I know, ...Boo - Hissss), a 1916 Amberg Gew98, Yugo 24/47, Persian M29, Czech M22, 195? Hakim, and probably a couple more I can't think of right now. Yep, the 8mm is a shoulder thumper, but what a manly system! :p

LM, the only 8MM stamped with a swastika was the 8X56R.

No 8X57 or 8MM Mauser was ever so marked as I have been told and have read.

The spent cases have little value really but I would hold on to them anyway as who knows what will happen later.

Wulfmann

The Lovemaster said:
A little OT, but I came across a few interesting cases while sorting my range brass recently. They are marked with the Roman numeral "VIII", which I assume means 8mm, at twelve o'clock, "19" at 9:00 and "38" at 3:00, which I assume is the year, and they have the Third Reich wing and swastika at 6:00. The quandrants are separated by lines.

My psychic powers tell me that these cases are rimmed, have a slight taper, and are approximately 56mm in length.

How'm I doin' so far? ;)

Wartime berdan-primed 8x56mmR for a Steyr-Mannlicher. Before Graf's started selling new-production reloadable ammunition, it was worth saving the Jerry stuff to try and reload it. Now? Unless you have some antique brass collecting fetish, I'd just toss it.

Back