Another local shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think your landlord would say if you approached him and told him you wanted a better door because you were in fear that someone would kick it in?
Get lost, go scratch, yeah right, all come to mind.
There are various devices that can be used without permanent damage to apartment walls or doors

The LCP, P32, or P3AT in ones back pocket is better than the Glock 22 in the upstairs SentrySafe. :)
Because of these events I have rearmed myself after many years of being unarmed and I have also taught the wife how to shoot. Not ready to carry but I will defend my home and family.

This also brings me to another point which I will post in another thread so I hope you will look for it and reply but I am in need of a quick access pistol safe to safely store a loaded pistol. I have on clue what to look for and the reviews are confusing at best.

I hear ya and you are concerned for you and your daughter's safety but, without trying to argue or make you angry, the safest thing to do is to carry inside your home. You'll know where the weapon is and it'll be 'protected'..and when you turn in, if you aren't comfy having a 'bedside' handgun, then a quick access safe, in your bedroom..BUT the idea is for the handgun to be where you are...and available for quick access..

I live in a very safe neighborhood, at the end of a dead end street but..I carry at home and have the safe w/i about 3 feet of where I sleep..

YMMV and all that.

On doors, a simple way to better secure them is pull the short little screws used to secure the door plate with longer screws that reach the 2x4s. Also, a simple device like a door wedge will greatly enhance security and is portable and non-permanent (as well as landlord friendly).

Layered defense.

1) Gate, if feasible (admittedly, without a fence it may be useless).
2) Landscape (clear line of sight to make approach by naughty people visible)
3) Early warning (motion sensor that triggers lights, cameras) and/or dog(s)
4) Secured doors & door jams, windows (protective film)
5) Communication (besides cell phones, land line) to contact 9/11
6) Firearms. Forget pepper spray/tasers. If they're inside the home and have avoided all of the above, they're not delivering for Swans/Avon/FTD/Amazon.

luger fan:
Here in Indy, as of today, we are at 138 murders and 339 wounded. 99% within the ghetto.

Really not that bad at all.
Indianapolis, often shortened to Indy, is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Indiana and the seat of Marion County. As of 2017, Indianapolis is the third most populous city in the American Midwest and 16th most populous in the U.S., with an estimated population of 863,002. Wikipedia

Considering the population of 863,000 people. As of the end of September here in Cleveland we went over 100 homicides with a population of only 388,000 well under 50% of Indy's population. So it's that darn per capita thing. I figure we will well exceed 130 homicides for the year.

Interesting also is the majority occur in the "projects" areas like the near East Side and West Side. While the local newspaper media is quick to scream that 85% of the homicides are gun related they never point out the demographics.

Next week I will be hosting an ammo drive where members will be free to send me ammunition. Those participating will receive a Christmas Card signed by me. :)

Ron

Staying on point
Bio-metric gun safe. (Finger print opening.)
Having a home protection handgun locked in any other type of opening safe is dicey in the heat of the moment. (Especially so for the ladys.)
Amazon sells em.
Tip: Buy a safe that plugs into a outlet so to continuous charge its batteries. Having that feature she'll never be locked out.

i agree to this, anything can happen to anywhere that isn't secured and its time to secure our schools, some Kinda Metal detector at least.
It's time to change the law saying public schools are 'gun free'..like my grand daughter's elementary school. If not, I wish they would hire a 'resource officer'...

If you can't prevent then defend. One school system has determined that "arming" those in the school with hockey pucks to be thrown at the perp is the way to go. They have recognized that they can't prevent bad stuff...I am not sure that this is the best defense.
100% of home invasions occur in someone's home..usually without warning and evil has no timetable or geographic boundary.

One school system has determined that "arming" those in the school with hockey pucks to be thrown at the perp is the way to go.

What a load of steaming horse manure typical of what comes from the powers that be that governs the school systems and other public institutions.

If folks are in a school or other facility that does not allow firearms of any kind for defense, why not invest in a couple of folding tactical survival bows and people who know how to use them? There are several great models of bows out there, the SAS and the PGU amongst many others, that can be broken down and assembled for use instantly. They have all the way up to 55lb draw. Have a quiver of arrows fitted with BROADHEADS.

I want to see even the most deranged and determined mass shooter try to continue on after taking a 125-grain Montec triple-blade straight through the chest or neck.

As said by Alan Moore from Ares Tactical Solutions, who specializes in teaching modern tactical archery, "if you got the time to point a camera through an upper story window at someone who is shooting up the street, there is no reason why you shouldn't also be able to take an arrow and drive it right through their neck, killing them". Same thing applies for mass shooters and terrorists in an indoor setting. If there is enough time to get everybody, or mostly everybody into closets and locked rooms, there should also be enough time for someone to grab a bow, load a broadhead to the string, and drill the lifeblood out of the pathetic piece of s***.

Yeah gun laws in a lot of places suck, but that does not mean law abiding folks could not have a powerful and efficient projectile weapon to take on some scumbag who might be armed with a gun. Even the deer hunters I know who only use bows because they do not want to miss out on the action during the non-firearm seasons, would still be perfectly capable of sneaking up into an ISIS camp and ninja'ing half of the clowns inside just using arrows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back