Ammo Panic Ending?

.223 and 7.62x39 ammo: https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/winchester-223-remington-55-grain-centerfire-rifle-ammunition#repChildCatid=3042412
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/monarch®-full-metal-jacket-762-x-39-mm-123-grain-rifle-ammunition#repChildCatid=28635

JGSales has tons of .223 and 7.62x39--at higher prices.

>>>>The point? It certainly isn't difficult to locate and order some types of ammo.
Maybe many other types are also available-I also saw them in a local Academy store four days ago, although there wasn't very much in any specific chambering.

Please excuse me now for rushing off: need to clean my Sig P6 (9mm) and Maadi "AKM clone".

Last edited:
Must be a regional thing as ammo in the New England area is flying off the shelves. I watch a couple of the online ammo sellers that ship to my "heavily regulated state" and they cannot keep ammo in stock either. Pricing is going up and some of it is getting quite rapey.

I ordered 7.62x39 from Widener's, which had a reasonable price. Problem: it made it to my area, and then suddenly the box was "damaged." Back whatever was left went.

I wonder which Fedex employee is shooting my ammo right now.

My cousin worked for UPS in 1984. He said it was amazing how many boxes containing the Vanessa Williams Penthouse issue broke open all by themselves.

Academy Sports last night offered 150-rd. boxes of Win. 9mm for $32 each.
Flat rate shipping at $8.00 and box limit 5 per customer.:cool: I read about it and clicked the link on "AKfiles" :eek: (--no 'safe spaces' there, for children--): "News, Politics...".

We know about internet sales tax also being added. And Academy's ammo prices seem to be 'pre-Chinese Commie Virus'. :cool::)

Either the vast majority of people don't know about this option (specific availability can be a very 'fluid' situation...), or the panic is very gradually cooling off. Possibly Academy has a huge contract with various wholesalers to keep prices 'normal'.

Last edited:
Back