American Flag = Crime Target ?

Get a couple of Dobermans, Pit Bulls or Rottweilers

If you have a genuine love for those kinds of dogs, and will properly feed, house, care for and train them, then go ahead.

Don't get them just because you want big scary powerful dogs for an alarm or defense system. Big dogs are a big responsibility.

If you have a genuine love for those kinds of dogs, and will properly feed, house, care for and train them, then go ahead.

Don't get them just because you want big scary powerful dogs for an alarm or defense system. Big dogs are a big responsibility.
Excellent points--too many people use them as "poor man's alarm system." My Belgian Malinois requires constant attention and training to keep disciplined. Dogs like these are like carrying around a loaded gun--better make sure you control when they fire.

I don't know if it helped but I have a sign in one of my back windows that reads "nothing in this house is worth your life." I have a new sign for the back door that reads "If you're found here at night, you will be found here in the morning."

Tony

I fly the US Flag and I almost feel sorry for the SOB that wants to take it down or worse enter into my home because of it.

That's a slippery slope imo. Entering your home is one thing, but using potential lethal force against someone for wanting to take your flag down is another. I don't want to misrepresent your statement but to me, it's not worth going to prison over and it certainly isn't worth losing your life over either, hypothetically speaking of course. Nowadays the anti-gun nutjobs are just waiting for another incident to push for anti-2a legislation.

Your flag, though a symbol that many of us have deep feelings about, is legally just property. The laws about use of deadly force for crimes against property are clear, and there is no exception for flags.

Generally speaking you're not justified using deadly force to protect property. There may be specific exceptions in some places, I don't know about.

However, if the low-life trying to tear down your flag directly threatens YOU or someone else, then another set of laws applies. Because then, its no longer about the flag...

Be sure you understand the difference. It's a big one, and the last thing you want is our legal system teaching you the difference with fines, jail time and loss of your rights.

Yep, I know the laws.As heads is tails. We are witnessing more each day of what a farce they are. I really ponder sometimes what will actually be the law if any exist at the end of the next three years. Maybe just rules. Like rule 303.
What is happening in our society today reminds me so of the song from the Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil" Appears Keith Richards was pretty good into prophecy.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Stole million man's soul an faith

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
Stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed Tsar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint

Last edited:
I don't know if it helped but I have a sign in one of my back windows that reads "nothing in this house is worth your life." I have a new sign for the back door that reads "If you're found here at night, you will be found here in the morning."

I don't put that much faith criminal literacy. But I do put a great deal of faith in what lawyers could do with that.

I don't put up signs that insinuate a threat of any kind. Just in case (God forbid) something happens and I use deadly force
I don't want some lawyer saying "look you just wanted an excuse to kill). I do have a flag in the front yard but no stickers on my truck.

Has anyone just taken a moment to believe that we are even having this conversation? The idea that our American society actually has to be fearful of citizens flying the Sacred Red White and Blue. I posted a while back about my new hat that featured the America Flag and a Blue line and posters warned me to be careful.
I live in Virginia. I took a walk down Monument Ave in the historic district after the BLM riots. The despicable carnage of destruction was unbelievable. And you can bet your life, none of the residents would dare fly a AMERICAN FLAG. :mad:
AND OF COURSE THEY WANT TO DISARM THE GOOD PROUD AMERICAN AND DO AWAY WITH THE POLICE.

I retired from the alarm industry and yes, would say that home protection is needed now more than anytime in the US. And owing a firearm is necessary to defend your home, your family and yourself. Not just in the home. But just about any where you go and getting worse. To these low life's YOU are the enemy.

Here is ONE of the many Flags found in Conservative neighborhoods that were taken and destroyed after July 4th and this one left in one of our streets.

*Note Read the line about the ARMY. Nothing sacred to these low life's.

F16Fb8e.jpg

Yes, I wear the hat all the time now. Do not care if some low life does not like it.

Fh37uhD.jpg

Last edited:
(F&F) Faith and Freedom.

Our home is on a side-street, to the main road is about a quarter of a mile. Yesterday, I counted 11- "Old Glories", that fly 24-7. From my house, I can count four. Physically and verbally, no one messes with them. No one I know, has gotten WOKE, only light symptoms. ...... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
I bought a house with a flagpole, and took it down soon after I moved in. A neighbor asked why, with a little bit of belligerence or offense to his tone. I told him that flags had to be taken down in the dark or in foul weather, and that I wasn't going to be home every time I needed to be to show proper respect for the flag. I preferred not to fly it rather than to fly it in a disrespectful manner. The neighbor is a friend now.

You call ???!!!

I told him that flags had to be taken down in the dark or in foul weather,
Well it's your house but it doesn't have to be taken down after dark or any other time. When you fly at night, it should be illuminated. We flew ours 24-7, off the coast of Florida. :cool:

Be Safe !!!

I bought a house with a flagpole, and took it down soon after I moved in. A neighbor asked why, with a little bit of belligerence or offense to his tone. I told him that flags had to be taken down in the dark or in foul weather, and that I wasn't going to be home every time I needed to be to show proper respect for the flag. I preferred not to fly it rather than to fly it in a disrespectful manner. The neighbor is a friend now.

LOL, you take down the flag, leave the pole for when you are around to fly the flag.

Pahoo,

The authority here is from the VA. This is about as official as it should be. The flag rules and respect are dear to many of us. Please follow the rules. 24/7 flying is inappropriate.
Flying it in nasty weather and at night is inappropriate. Of course, if you want to do your own thing, have at it. But I believe you are incorrect and disrespectful to our flag. The read is short and the pictures are helpful.

http://https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/celebrate/flagdisplay.pdf

Authority for how and when to display the American flag is set forth in federal law under Title 4, U.S. Code, Chapter 1.

https://www.legion.org/flag/code

§ 6. Time and occasions for display

(a) It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flag staffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

(b) The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

(c) The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all weather flag is displayed.

(d) The flag should be displayed on all days, especially on New Year's Day, January 1; Inauguration Day, January 20; Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday, the third Monday in January; Lincoln's Birthday, February 12; Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February; National Vietnam War Veterans Day, March 29, Easter Sunday (variable); Mother's Day, second Sunday in May; Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May; Memorial Day (half-staff until noon), the last Monday in May; Flag Day, June 14; Father's Day, third Sunday in June; Independence Day, July 4; National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day, July 27; Labor Day, first Monday in September; Constitution Day, September 17; Columbus Day, second Monday in October; Navy Day, October 27; Veterans Day, November 11; Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November; Christmas Day, December 25; and such other days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States; the birthdays of States (date of admission); and on State holidays.

(e) The flag should be displayed daily on or near the main administration building of every public institution.

(f) The flag should be displayed in or near every polling place on election days.

(g) The flag should be displayed during school days in or near every schoolhouse.

Hand-Salute !!!

Blanca
Thank you for the reference as it has been a long tie since I first read the requirements. I also recall a requirement on placement of the flag on solid structures/building. Sadly/Lately, too many folks don't care. ..... :rolleyes:

(a) It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flag staffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

Be Free and;
Be Safe !!!

I only reproduced one section. The Flag Code also addresses how to display when hung on the face of a building (the star field should be at the flag's upper right when facing out toward the street), when it's on a pole projecting out from a building, and when it's suspended over a street.

24-hour display is optional, not standard and, when the flag is displayed 24 hours a day, it is then supposed to be "properly" illuminated. Illumination of a flag on a pole may well run afoul of zoning or other laws or regulations regarding light pollution, so I would not criticize someone for not wanting to get involved in the nuances of flying a flag 24/7.

Back