Am I missing something here?....

Wonder what the great and amazing Miculek would say? Jeez,if I could be half as fast as that guy.
And oh yea oberkommando, don't you wish your willy was as big as a 45 colt ?

Revolvers arent dead in my home, ive still a few hanging around here and there. In this area I now live Im amazed at the prices for some very fine mdl smiths, Ive seen 19's for 249....mdl 57 for 325.....a ruger security six for 249, and most 686s around 350.....now if i ever get settled ill buy a few more.....fubsy.

Maybe good prices on revolvers are the result of a fixation on autos by the majority of the shooting public. And maybe we should keep quiet and not spoil a good thing(G),,,,

Ya know...now that I think about it...I am amazed at how frequently the bedroom weapon has been a little S&W/Colt/Taurus revolver in .38/.357 persuasion...while a custom 1911 or a Glock rested in a locked case.

I dont think theres much of a problem with the newer shooters buying up all that excess in stainless and blued steel, its not fashionable...lol.....I did run accross a new place today and the people are my kinda folks.......took me on a tour of the store and his reloading area,,,,I thought I had it good but ive a ways to go ...whoooo, this guy has a wonderful set up and he had one of those primer loaders from dillon and talked quite highly
it......its still to rich for me.....the guy had a refinished 45acp smith revolver--forget the mdl but its less than 300---and might make a nice shooter, along with a blued 45acp s/w revolver in 6"--although this one was a wee bit high I thought, he wanted $550 for it....there was also a dan wesson 357 w 4" barrel for $239......I need to close on this house soon....too much stuff needs a good home.....lol...fubsy.

You know your right about that ive got a few semi auto pistols and most have been somewhere to be modified from stock and I always load up them pair of mdl 65 ladys with the 3" barrels........to keep around the home or with me.......It might be from my immersion in wheel guns early on..lol...fubsy.

[This message has been edited by bruno (edited December 02, 1999).]

I think the wheel gun is the best of both worlds reliability and accuracy. I would love to find a .22 Diamondback for plinking and my only regret about the Diamondback is it comes in .38 and not .357, though I guess you could shoot +Ps in it for home defense and wadcutters the rest of the time. I love my autos but shooting my 8" Python on the handgun sillouette is squeezing the last drop out of a factory gun and I love it.

A thought here....

All or nearly all of the responses here have been from men. Most of the responses indicate decades, not years of experience.

How about those folks who live with us, and are female? Wives, daughters, grand daughters, significant others?

IMO, revolvers are easier for folks who don't get as fond of guns as we to learn on. And,in A-S scenarios, better for most folks to use effectively.

Wife and Daughter don't like shotguns or my GM for defense, but both are effective with a mid frame 38.....

Back