Am I a bit mad? Are you?

James, I don't think people think it through that you live where you do. Made in USA is not necessarily a good thing for you.

Back to your topic, I have to stand by my original opinion. Keep the CZ. I love the feel of a good revolver, but with the price of 9mm vs 38, your current legal restrictions, and the fact that IT'S A (blankety blank) CZ, you can't make the swap.

Well I know this has been hashed out here already but I have to say stop spending money on guns and figure out a way to get a larger safe . I'm not sure of your age but I'm sure your current number of firearms is not going to work for you the rest of your life . At some point you will not want to part with any firearm you have and yet still want another . Yes it's a big investment but it appears you'll need a larger storage unit sooner or later anyways .

Who certifies the safes for capacity ? I'm surprised a safe company around you has not figured out a way to set up the interior to accommodate multiple rifles and handguns in one small package .

I can also see how a law like that would make safes very expensive . Not only because of making a safe mandatory allowing the store to hike up prices . There's also the fact the law states you can only have one . That cuts down on sales as well . The safe companies have no choice but to charge more for there products .

Well I know this has been hashed out here already but I have to say stop spending money on guns and figure out a way to get a larger safe .

Luckily, given this tit for tat trading method I have to adopt, it does mean that a new gun is usually not too expensive, since part of the cost comes from the sale of its predecessor, but that is another point.

I mentioned this earlier, but I live in a flat which is largely loft conversion meaning sloping walls. It is very hard to fit a large cuboid in most of the flat that would not encroach on living space.

There is also the issue that my wife is not enamoured with the idea of a whopping great big steel block in the living room. She supports my hobby even though she actually hates guns and I respect her support but the trade off is that I don't rub it in her face and a 300kg box in the living room might chafe quite a bit!!

I'm not sure of your age but I'm sure your current number of firearms is not going to work for you the rest of your life .

Well, the truth is that all my guns are cases of want, not need. I don't hunt at present. My IPSC is a sporting pursuit and I only ever shoot at the range.

From a SD/HD point of view, I really could just make do with one of my handguns. Arguably that is really the only gun I need.

Don't get me wrong, I'd dearly love to increase my collection but I have to be realistic and at present a bigger safe is not really an option.

It may become possible in the future, but not where we live now.

A note on the safe companies: the company designs a safe and issues a statement saying how many guns are supposed to be in there. That is the statement that the police go buy.

If it is a 20 gun case and you can comfortably fit 25, my guess is it probably isn't an issue. It would need to have certain wall/door thickness specs as well as being fixed to the house's structure.

From a logical point of view: Can you resell the revolver as easily as you can sell the CZ? At a profit? I always look ahead , because I know for a fact I'm going to tire of the new gun like I did the present one. Then I wind up getting the same or something similar to what I had, for the reasons that I got it for in the first place! Often loosing money in the process because I became infatuated with all the PROS of the new weapon and downplayed the cons merely because I wanted something new and different. To often I realize I was indeed quite happy with what I got rid of. Just another angle to think about. Try to weigh ALL the pros and cons before you decide. Will it be awkward? Will it serve the same role as well or better? Sorry you can't just buy as many as you want. It does make it easier and more expensive!

Often loosing money in the process because I became infatuated with all the PROS of the new weapon and downplayed the cons merely because I wanted something new and different.

OMG!! My long-lost twin!! :D

Can you resell the revolver as easily as you can sell the CZ? At a profit?

No, and "HAHAHAHAHAHA, ooo-ooo that was a good one.... HAHAHA!!"
:p

Cutting through the exaggeration just to explain that, despite a distinct carry advantage under Estonian law, revolvers are not very popular and don't carry a very good resale value. Luckily for me both my revolvers are probably the last guns I'd ever part with so resale is not a huge concern for me.

To top it off, the CZ is one of the cheaper brands here and they don't hold their value very well. They're great guns, but I think they are seen as a cheap option here. So I'd probably lose bit on the CZ if I sold it and a lot if I sold the revolver.

If I did this and decided it wasn't for me, I'd have to be prepared for a potential gut-punch to the wallet!

Pond said:
To top it off, the CZ is one of the cheaper brands here and they don't hold their value very well. They're great guns, but I think they are seen as a cheap option here. So I'd probably lose bit on the CZ if I sold it and a lot if I sold the revolver.

I don't want to start an international incident, but if that's how Estonia sees CZs and there's no resale love for revolvers, then there's something wrong with the people there. :rolleyes: (present company excluded)

I don't want to start an international incident, but if that's how Estonia sees CZs and there's no resale love for revolvers, then there's something wrong with the people there. (present company excluded)

But, but... what could you mean?!
They LOVE Glocks.... How can there be anything wrong with someone who loves Glocks?! ;)

(they also rate Sigs and Tanfoglios)

Pond said:
I don't want to start an international incident, but if that's how Estonia sees CZs and there's no resale love for revolvers, then there's something wrong with the people there. (present company excluded)

But, but... what could you mean?!
They LOVE Glocks.... How can there be anything wrong with someone who loves Glocks?! ;)

(they also rate Sigs and Tanfoglios)

If they love Glocks, then I stand by my assessment.:p

Sigs are great, and I won't say much about Tangfolios, except they seem to be like Taurus in the US- a lot of copies of other people's designs with very few unique designs.

here's what you do get the big safe lay it on its side in the living room throw a table cloth over it so when your wife comes home you can say "hi hun I just got this cool new table for the living room" :)

Back