Am I a bit mad? Are you?

I am thinking you can't carry either one anyway, so a range toy? Maybe hunting? I guess if I was under a situation where you could only have x guns and couldn't carry any then I might buy one and shoot it for a time. Then sell it and buy another one.

How does your gov feel about something like a Ruger convertible. I have a few of those. I have one in 357 (38 Special) and a second cylinder in 9mm. It is below with one in 45LC/45ACP.

OK, James, I'll say it.

Back away from the ledge. You're not well. :D

In all seriousness, I love a good revolver. They are classic weapons that scream business. Nothing says love like firing off 6 rounds of 357 into a paper target. I personally prefer S&W's, but have owned a few Rugers, and I can't badmouth them.

But you have a CZ. A classic firearm in it's own right, built like a brick outhouse, and quite possibly one of the most ergonomic pistols ever designed. With all due respect, making that trade would be like trading a fully loaded BMW Z3 for a base model Volvo. Yeah, the Volvo is a great, durable, dependable car. But it sure as heck isn't a Z3.

IMHO, don't do it.

Chalk up another vote for a diagnosis of madness. Sometimes we need to be restrained from making silly choices. It can be as difficult as quitting an addictive substance cold turkey, but if you are successful you will have grown.

I'd keep the SP-01. But, can't you buy a single handgun safe and find a place to bolt it securely to contain your desired revolver?

This is where the law gets daft here. I can own a single gun and store it hidden if I want. No safe needed. But get two and I need a safe. Then neither can be just hidden... whatever safe you have you can only have one....

It's a bit nuts....

It does to a point, but there's no way I could load .38Spl or .357Mag for the cost of factory 9mm. Heck, I couldn't load 9mm for the cost of factory 9mm!!

There's the answer to your problem.
To me owning guns is about being able to shoot them and shooting them a lot is what I do.
My choice would easily be to keep the CZ 9mm even though I do enjoy my revolvers.

It does to a point, but there's no way I could load .38Spl or .357Mag for the cost of factory 9mm. Heck, I couldn't load 9mm for the cost of factory 9mm!!

Curious. Over here (in the United State), there nothing centerfire that I can't handload for cheaper than commercial ammo.

Curious. Over here (in the United State), there nothing centerfire that I can't handload for cheaper than commercial ammo.

Easily explained over here. Bullets are expensive, powder is expensive, primers are not cheap. IT'S ALL EXPENSIVE!!!! :mad:

Take 9mm as an example. A decent brand such as S&B or Fiocchi will set me back €0.19 a shot if I bulk buy 1000. VV powder will cost about €0.06 per shot, primers are about the same and bullets cost anywhere from €0.10-0.25. So assuming you are scrounging range brass, you're looking at about €0.25 minimum per shot.

I do save some money on .44Mag, .38Spl and .308 (if I think about non milsurp prices). .223 breaks even, so I'll just develop a load and then keep brass and bits in case there is a shortage.

Reloading is way off topic - and conveniently never factors in the cost of the equipment $500-1000, the floor space (10-50 square feet at X $ per foot in the home), and TIME involved (researching loads, hunting for components, loading, weighing, measuring, etc.)... if it's a hobby, then great. But reloading isn't typically cost effective for common calibers from purely an economic standpoint of opportunity costs if you are gainfully employed...

Accountants reload.
Financiers and economists buy factory ammo.

Have you considered attempting to get a safe that can double as something else. With a little creative thinking maybe it could be a table or a bed frame.

I live in a one bedroom apartment with my SO and we have a number of odd furniture items. I don't keep my firearms in the apartment as I the space required would be prohibitive(besides my glock and a hipoint 9mm carbine). I was able to find another secure location.
With most important documents going digital and things like bearer bonds having been removed from circulation, old banks with large vaults are charging very little for safety deposit boxes. When I was considering it the cost was not prohibitive and the security seemed quite high.

I'm trying to think outside the box. The safe box.

Got any really quality FRIENDS? Or family members?

Is it possible to furnish them with a single handgun, wink wink nudge nudge?!

Head over to their place with a GP-100 and swap it out for THEIR CZ 9mm when it is a 9mm shooting kind of day.

It's probably not quite so cut dried, but this is how I'm approaching the limit. I can't bear the thought of sending away a great handgun. Far too many potential regrets there.

I'm trying to think outside the box. The safe box.

Got any really quality FRIENDS? Or family members?

Is it possible to furnish them with a single handgun, wink wink nudge nudge?!

Head over to their place with a GP-100 and swap it out for THEIR CZ 9mm when it is a 9mm shooting kind of day.

It's probably not quite so cut dried, but this is how I'm approaching the limit. I can't bear the thought of sending away a great handgun. Far too many potential regrets there.

Out of the box and into the "Dock"!!

No can do: I can't buy a gun for someone else. I can only buy guns for myself and in trying to do so I'd be flagged as getting one gun over the limit of my current storage capacity.

That is crazy! You can't somehow squeeze a revolver into your existing safe? My grandma was an excellent packer. I bet someone like her could get it to fit.

So the gubmint decides how many guns your safe can hold without taking into account how many guns your safe can actually hold?

So the gubmint decides how many guns your safe can hold without taking into account how many guns your safe can actually hold?

Sort of. There are three tiers. One is you only have one gun and so a safe is optional if you don't want to rely on concealment when stored (Barrett in you sock draw). The second is a run of the mill safe/cabinet. That takes you up to the second threshold. Anything above that and you need a strong-room/big safe for them all.

Good thing they don't have that crazy law here, but give them time, I am sure that some liberal will think of it.

In the mean time, I feel that if you want a GP100, then get one. there is no real way to know for sure if you will like it until you have a chance to own one for a while.

Mmmmmm, revolvers:
IMG_3563-XL.jpg

Back