Aluminum revolver for .32 ACP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recoil is a function of momentum--the product of mass and velocity--and not one of kinetic energy--the product of mass and the square of the velocity, divided by 2.

Recoil is a function of both recoil velocity has a lot to do with felt recoil otherwise this statement wouldn't be true.

the mass of the firearm. A hot .357 load in a long-barreled Model 27 and the same load in a Scandium snubby are two different animals.

"Why no 32 ACP revolvers?"
I never said make a really puny one. I figured the size of the Ruger LCRx in .22 lr would suffice. I mean more along the lines of a practical gun that you could both shoot at the range with an FMJ then carry (in the U.S. of course) with Underwood Xtreme Cavitator ammo. The .32 ACP has more potential stopping power with the Xtreme Cavitator than having a .22 lr. However, the lower recoil from having a medium-sized gun may give you more accuracy than using a .380 ACP or .38 Special. Placement may be enough to compensate for lower power. Besides, you can always use 1 additional round if needed. (From the statistics I saw, it often only takes two rounds.)

"Please educate me on this!"
Wikipedia states over 300 ft/lbs for the .22 magnum.

"Variety makes the world go 'round."
Taurus made a .17 HMR revolver and also made a .218 Bee in the past.

"Not to appear argumentative, but to be helpful...."
Would you at least be curious to shoot a .32 ACP revolver?

"Just being afraid it's going to hurt."
If someone was hurt and badly needed a backup gun, I hightly doubt anyone in the situation would reach for a .357 that would jump in their hand. They'd likely be relieved to have a .32 ACP in their hand they could shoot with more accuracy.

"I'm done.
I doubt it. You show signs of cognitive distortions and neurotic behavior that won't go away in one day. Perhaps reading Feeling Good by David Burns will sooth your nerves next time you read the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back