All Gander Mountains officially liquidating

Walked in one yesterday. Would have bought an air rifle I thought was a decent price but they did not have any out and the employees in there looked like they were well aware that they were not saving their jobs there.

Funny came across this thread thinking if these people think their getting deals, I better educate them. Seems I'm not the only one with common sense. Our store is closing here in my neck of the woods. The sign out front today says up to 60% off. If true they should just about be at normal retail pricing.

Stopped in one today cause I was in the area.
Honestly my first time in one.. They've always had a rep for high prices.
I did once buy some Rem9mm from them online several years ago that was a good deal but that's a rarity.

Sign outside says "going out of business, 70% off entire store"
Hmm, ok walking in I noticed the Now Hiring sign is still up.. rly?
They have a wall near the 1st register with department %'s off.. I actually didn't see anything more then 60% off, guns 30%.

It's a shame they're going out of business because the prices on some of their stuff is ALMOST competitive now.. almost.

They've pushed what's left of the store forward it's about 1/3rd full, A Big sign says last 11 days.

So I skip the fishing and clothing.. check out everything else with a slow pace.. hmm 1k 223 brass for 189, 50% off wow what a deal.

ammo is all gone, Except a few cases of winchester 12ga target loads I did not even bother to check the price on.

So I head over to the gun section.. er what's left of it.
let see some shotguns which I did not take the time to examine after seeing prices 1800+

a few AR's which looked like nothing special was priced around 900, can't imagine why those haven't moved yet :rolleyes:

they had about a half dozen handguns left, Not counting the 2 and 1/2 display cases full of rough rider 22's
They only wanted 200 - 30% = 140, Can't imagine why someone hasn't come in and cleaned them out enmass yet. :D

Ya My first and last time in a GM.. I don't feel like I missed much.

The "soulless gun mall" ambiance I so dislike had become a "rundown and soulless gun mall" ambiance.

Oh ya, You nailed it.
Come to think of it might be a good chance for the walking dead to film some looted store scenes..

or kinda reminds me of a store after SHTF where no new stock is coming in.

"Hey pal what it'll be? gun 1, 2 or 3?"

Mattress stores do it weekly it seems, going out of business sales, but really it's a store renaming event.
Ah so this must be a trick everywhere.
We had one store that went out of business for 3 years.. I almost stopped in to find out what the hell was taking them so long.

Finally they actually DID go out of business.. I was kinda shocked :eek::p
Furniture stores are bad about it too, My sister went to buy a couch at one and it's weird it, it had a shady used car lot feel.

The store by me is supposedly closing. I think just over 50 stores will stay open instead of 72 or something.

The liquidation company is still loading up the store with non gander items.

I was talking with the manager of the firearms section. They keep on getting new stock shipped in from other stores. A few weeks ago they had only 3 cases with pistols, today most of their cases were full, as are their rifle and shotgun racks. Prices are still too high...

I just bought a couple of snap caps on sale...I didn't realize you could use 270 caps in a 30-06 or 243 caps in a 308. A month ago I bought a magpul pistol grip for my AK for 11usd.

A couple of weeks ago I spent a couple of hours going through the entire store. Even with the big liquidation discounts, I was only able to find a very few things that were good deals. I left with a handful of N Cell batteries that ended up being about half price and a Frankford Arsenal stainless steel dial caliper for a little under $11.

They had a lot of ammo, but the discount on the ammo was small, 5% as I recall. The marked prices were so high that the discounts were essentially meaningless.

I tried to find the last day they would be open and figured I might swing by again to see if they had dropped the prices any more, but that information seems to be difficult to find.

Mine that is staying open will still close for a bit for a remodel; meaning ALL of the fixtures, etc. will be up for sale. So if you need some display cases, shelving, etc., you might get a good deal.

At my store they wanted 100 dollars for the gun signs above the defunct firearms area.
300 dollars for a 2 tier display case, not sure if that's a good deal or not.

Maybe their fixture prices will come down on the last couple days, didn't look like they had sold much of it so far.. they was pushing it all together in the empty area of the store.

went in yesterday....had some good deals on clothes and certain items like shooting related etc but a lot of the prices were a joke. They must have marked it up 300% before they nocked 50% off

liquidation companies are about smoke and mirrors. They want to fool you into thinking there's good deals to be had. I really don't like how this is being handled.

I never understood why some folks didn't comparison shop for gun. In San Antonio, a drive down one exit from Bass Pro to Academy will save you $40 on a handgun. Going to the gun show will save you more. For mags - on line or visit GT Distributors if you go to Austin.

I mentioned some poor dude drooling over an overpriced Benelli at the Gander 'sale'. Sad to say.

One thing, a touch off topic, that always bugged me. There is a good ol' boy, let's posture gun store in town. Lots of Har, Har, tough guy talk. It was near work so I might stop by. A soldier wanted to buy a Beretta 92 to have a duplicate of his duty M9. They were $50 more than Academy. Thieves - they might have given him a break.

The GM I use is basically the same store. Just the name has been changed to protect the lousy expensive former GM. Wish I could say the new store has lower prices, but I haven't been able to find any. I did get a good deal at GM several years ago on a Mossberg .410 shotgun. Still got it. I have some nasty self defense mmo for it and some slugs that are rifled.

Whats going to happen with their Academy stores, the ones with the fancy shooting ranges?
Anyone know?

I am sure they will close when the store closes.........My GM is staying open; there are some interesting rifles coming on for sale, including a bunch of Savage 99s.....

Went to the GM in Johnson City, NY. 40, 50, 60, 70% off very high retail prices.

I bought a 223 Small Base Die and paid $16. They said it retailed for $39.99. $16 was fair and better than I could do on eBay.

Back