All Deer Hunters Please Take Poll!

When deer hunting do you use any type of mask for concealment?

• Always

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • Never

Votes: 99 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Palmetto-Pride

When deer hunting do you use any type of mask for concealment?

Thanks for responding guys and gals:) I am asking this for a new product development that myself and a friend were thinking of developing.

Last edited:
Nope, I wear a hat and a beard. When turkey hunting I carry a mesh screen type hood with me, but I only use it if I feel particularly exposed.

Depends on when and where I am hunting. But if I am siiting in stand overlooking a field with the sun shining on my face, the mask goes on. This is during bow season of course.

Bowhunting usually, with a rifle sometimes. But that is primarily to keep my face warm more than for concealment. Even during archery season it is almost as much to keep skeeters away.

Never, strictly bow hunt in Ohio... I'm of the opinion after 17 years that a deer is going to bolt if it sees your silhouette, not your face.

Never...

I have never used a mask for deer hunting. When stalking or going into the stand or out of it in the morning I walk very slow and quiet. I have walked up on deer without problem and made a number of kills. The main trick is slow and quiet. It makes coming out of the woods an adventure. One time after waking in and after climbing into my stand I saw a deer coming down the hill. My rifle was at the bottom of the tree. I was able to pull it up, load it and shoot the deer dead. Short hunt that afternoon.

Lemmon from rural South Carolina......

Almost always.......when it's warm to keep the bugs off and when it's cold enough to where the bugs leave us alone then to keep my old face a little warmer.

That said I am not convinced it is necessary unless you are hunting CLOSE.....

I use one sometimes when I am hunting on the ground without a stand. I have taken several Deer using bushes for concealment and leaning back against a Tree.

I have some white hair left and wear glasses. I wear a mask, it helps keep me warm and it perennially smells like chapstick!

I wear one sometimes , but when deer season begins August 15th in SC in can be very hot. I have noticed it does help keep from getting busted when some come out really close to the stand if the stand itself doesn't have a good blind around it. I use a Thermocel for the skeeters so that's not an issue.

Don't use them. Just something else for me to keep track of. Besides they didn't use them before camo came along so I don't see a need.

Back