AK-47 or AR-15 or something else ?

i wanna touch on the sks again if is something you havent considered yet, you can go from basic to extreme

should still be able to find one loacally or online for 350$
http://www.gunsamerica.com/910822094/SKS_Chinese_762x39.htm

this is a basic one with extended mag

heres mine after about 300$ in upgrades, i paid 650$ after everything, and its was all very easy stuff that anyone could do

fun guns, and great for beginner, never hear about problems with an sks, just something to think about

holy cow Skizzms!!

I have the sks original like in your pic. and was wondering what to do with it .

please tell me what stock man. and other things you did to it.

that looks awesome!

What's with the gun accessory craze?
I think things are getting a little crazy with my guns if there's a scope and a sling.

the sks was my very first rifle, and it was smack dab in the AWB craze, i bought it with the original wood, had to pay 60$ a piece for magazines:mad:

anyway, i wanted to go crazy with it, the stock is shernic gun works in cali, its actually a great peice of equipment and very affordable, it really cahnges the shooting style of the rifle, just about no muzzle rise, the recoil just kinda pushes straight back into your shoulder

not to mention that a 38inch gun is now less than 20inches

www.sgworks.com good people, and its a very popular product with hundreds of great reviews, and there is no permanent modification, i like it anyway, to each his own

Get an AR with wood furniture and it can be as ugly as an AK and shoot like an AR.
God I hate the looks of an AR with wood!

Bullpup SKS

Ok that bullpup SKS looks cool and would make a fine 150-200yd rifle. It would be cool to show up at the range with as well. I am curious about how the trigger was moved forward of the mag. Is is it safe? Does the trigger feel good? I imagine long connecting links and twists and turns.

Back to the original question, I like the AR as you get a new modern weapon made in America that shoots accurately. You support American ammo makers not Chi-coms and Russians. Buy American, support American gun Manufactures and join the NRA and some local gun group as well.

the trigger is def a longer pull than the original, actually feels lie less pounds of pull, maybe due to the leverage, but it is longer, it feels okay, you can adjust to pull by either tightening or loosening the linkage, go too tight and you wont reset though

there are people that were bothered by the mushy trigger, they have forum where they have done upgrades, it never bothered me and does not affect your shooting

the stocks have gone through an upgrade since my purchase, they actually sent the previous customers free new upper reciever covers if we wanted them, which i did, so i can attest to their customer loyalty

have fun, you can also check out http://www.cbrps.com/ they have an interesting line of bullpup kits for various guns, even nagants, although the sks i used did not seem as solid as sgworks, it still did the trick and was slightly lighter, check reviews on them first

I honestly can't find a practical use for either. I had an AK variant, realized I couldn't reload for it and got an AR. I still don't use it for anything more than a range plinker.

The new CX4 9mm I just bought will get a heck of a lot more use.

In the military, we used the AR variants and I developed a hate for them. Maybe it was all those hours of cleaning the things before they got "put up" into the arms room. I remember they were very anal and would give it right back to us if it wasnt up to their standards of clean. Therefore after the military I went AK. I have a nice collection.

So to each his own. The AK seems like a funner contraption then the AR variants. The idea behind a sporting rifle is having fun as that is why you get involved in a sport. I feel better in that regard with the AK.

Just my personal opinion and 2 cents added to this ongoing debate.

Both

Piston driven 5.56 NATO Daewoo AR

SuppressedAR-100.jpg

Piston driven 7.62 x 39 Norinco AK

SuppressedAKM.jpg

I'd lean towards the AR

'Only accurate rifles are interesting.' -Col. Whelen

The AK is a marvelous piece of design and engineering.

If it's only for range plinking, it's a toss up. I'd honestly wait on an AK until the market comes back down(still pretty high) if you choose to go that way.

SKS

This SKS looks great, I love it, I think I will get one of those, it looks amazing...
Thank you for sharing this with us, it is really appreciated.

Joe

Back