About little guns . . .

I don't pick my carry guns based upon how convenient they carry. I choose them by their applicability for winning a fight. I carry full size pistols or magnum revolvers. My favorite is a Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm Commander.
So you think winning a fight is all about how big your pistol or revolver is?
I would say for sure you do not carry for convenience since a Dan Wesson Vigil commander weighs 30 oz unloaded. Day in Day out must get very inconvenient, especially on a hot summer day with shorts and tee shirt.

Last edited:
The idea is not to put a Big hole in a person but to stop the threat. You might want to do a little research.
All other things being equal, a big hole is better than a small hole to stop a threat. That said, I have a Beretta 950 (.25 ACP) and three small guns in .380--- a Ruger LCR, a Sig P238, and a Colt Mustang. When going light, it's the Ruger. On occasion, it's the Sig. I haven't carried the Beretta or Colt in a long time.

I have a NAA Sheriff in .22mag. longer barrel, and still quick in the pocket in summer time. Snubbys make my eye twitch. just cant get into a handgun with the barrel shorter than the grip.

I've had my Taurus PT22 since the mid 1990s.

I've used primarily Winchester Wildcat in it over the years.

In over 2,000 rounds of Wildcat I've had 0 failures to feed, 0 failures to fire, and 0 failures to extract.

With Wildcat it has been 100% flawless.

The only problems I ever had with it were with CCI. Apparently the brass on CCI is harder and about 50% of the time it required pulling the trigger twice to get the round to fire.

Solution?

Switch back to Wildcat.

Then, why are you posting in a thread about little guns?

Because as someone who has been there done that one would assume that the input has context and relevance. Otherwise it is a self licking ice cream.

So you think winning a fight is all about how big your pistol or revolver is?
I would say for sure you do not carry for convenience since a Dan Wesson Vigil commander weighs 30 oz unloaded. Day in Day out must get very inconvenient, especially on a hot summer day with shorts and tee shirt.

I have had multiple friends and co-workers who carried J frame 38's and small semi auto get into fights and lose. It is hard enough with a fighting pistol. I know for me it is easier to shoot a full size pistol under stress. Only hits count.

I have been carrying a pistol for almost 40 years professionally, it is something I have resolved to do. When I was a city cop in Ft Worth, TX with a new baby I could not afford multiple guns, my off duty gun was my duty gun, a 6" S&W 686, even in the Texas heat and humidity.

It is about commitment, you are or you are not. I have also been married to the same woman since 1982.

"I have had multiple friends and co-workers who carried J frame 38's and small semi auto get into fights and lose."

And I know a couple of people who have been in gunfights with "fighting pistols" (Uhm... ok, whatever), and lose.

Simple fact is... handguns are an iffy proposition, no matter how big they are.

And I know a couple of people who have been in gunfights with "fighting pistols" (Uhm... ok, whatever), and lose.

I also stated;

It is hard enough with a fighting pistol.

No need to take what I said out of context, we agree on that point.

Rifles are iffy too..........

I always carry a gun. I can shoot it.
Even though it's not a cannon, I figure I'm way ahead of people who don't carry one.

I never considered a 9mm to be a cannon, but OK.

Some people are seriously creatures of habit. I bet Nanuk has been wearing the same brand of skivvies for the last fifty years too.

Kel-tec P32. Put over 2000 rounds thru the first one , have almost that many thru the second one. Both have run flawlessly with FMJ.

I have a lot of small guns, I have Freedom Arms 22LR in 1" barrel, 22Mag in 1" and 1 3/4" barrow. I have 2 Beretta 950 25ACP

My more favorite is the Freedom Arm 1 3/4" barrel 22Magnum. I chronograph them, it's a whopping 1300ft/sec. Even the 1" is 1100ft/secThis is NO JOKE for such a small little thing like 4oz, 4 shot. You carry two, it's 8 shot and still it's lighter than a single one of all the other you can name.

I know it's always bigger the better, but for self defense where you really are not looking for trouble, what's with you is the utmost important. You just don't conceal carry a big gun unless if you are law enforcement. The size really matter if you are using for insurance. Hey, it's better than a knife.

NOW, take note that NAA is NOTHING like it. I have a 3" 22Mag and the bullet speed is slightly slower than the 1" 22Mag Freedom Arm. The gap between the cylinder and barrel is wider than the Freedom Arm, I think that's the main reason.

My favorite little semiautos...

Attachments

• 2E4D5BA6-6E7F-4A7E-BCAE-9026D3B5DC7B.jpeg
    2E4D5BA6-6E7F-4A7E-BCAE-9026D3B5DC7B.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 42
  • FCE57285-D4CD-4C79-97A6-716946C56159.jpeg
    FCE57285-D4CD-4C79-97A6-716946C56159.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 40
I like the Ruger LCP also, too bad it's not selling in Kalifornia. And I don't want used ones.
Did you guys finally boot Governor Dickweed Newslime out of office? If you did, please give me instructions. Governor Piglsee in WA needs to be booted as well.

Back