About little guns . . .

My only small gun is the favorite of your list...the Sig P238. Mine has the black finish, wood grips. Great gun. I like that 1911 style. And it runs well.

"I too don't care for the PT22 much, thought I would, but it's got issues. I like the weight, I like the grip/feel, but I hate the sights, reloading is a pain with that heavy slide pull, and I've found it to be very picky with ammo. I'm either going to sell it soon or give it to an older person who has hand issues and can't rack a slide."

???? The Taurus PT 22 is a modified copy of the Beretta 21. It has a tip-up barrel so you don't have to manipulate the slide.
Not if you are practicing a tactical reload

Little guns,eh? Taurus PLY-22-two of them. Taurus 732- two of those.
Beretta 3032:two of those. PT-22- one of those.

I have a .22 Beretta 21A I used to carry more, but it's not reliable with any but one magazine. Still light enough to be an ok choice.

I have a .22 Walther TPH I paid waaay too much for, followed by paying too much for new old stock magazines. Reliable, if I use the specified ammo. A bit heavy for pocket carry alone, though.

An old Charter Arms .22 Pathfinder revolver shoots .22 short, long or LR. A great little shooter I've started carrying more.

And a Bernardelli .22 short that is probably the tiniest gun I own. Seems to function fine, but I just don't shoot it enough. Plus, those pea sized bullets; don't know why I draw the line there but .22 LR is ok, but I seem to.

I thought Canadians couldn't own handguns with bbl less that 4"?

If you already owned short barrel handguns prior to the commie law Bill C-68 being passed by the Lieberal Party of Kanada you were grandfathered. The class of licence is called a 12(6).

12(6) guns can be owned, bought and sold to other 12(6) licence holders. But as we age the 12(6) owners will die off and eventually no one will be able to legally own these guns.

It is a long term confiscation with zero cost to the government. Very sleazy. Very Lieberal.

This is why we can buy quality 12(6) guns for almost nothing. I paid $100 for the Beretta 950B, $375 for the 3913 Ladysmith with 4 mags.

And the Kanadian dollar is only $0.75 US.

2.5" S&W model 19s in VG condition go for less than $400.

Guard your 2A rights because the commies want them gone and once they are gone they will never come back. In Kanada, other than the police, only criminals carry handguns and the government wants it that way.

Last edited:
The smallest gun that I own is the Ruger LCP and that's about as small as a gun gets while still maintaining practicality as far as I'm concerned. Once you get smaller than that, they're virtually impossible to get a good grip on, or at least that's as small as I can get a decent grip on.

attachment.php

However, the Ruger LCP primarily serves as my "carry everywhere gun" that is practically always at my side, but when I leave the house, it's typically as a backup gun.
For a primary carry gun, I prefer something with more oomph that I can get a full grip on, like my M&P40 Shield.

attachment.php

Hi Prof Young,

Billy Barty carried a 1911-A1 .45 ACP.

Little guns spell big trouble when trying to survive a gunfight.

They're suitable for dwarf vermin such a runt rats.

If you already owned short barrel handguns prior to the commie law Bill C-68 being passed by the Lieberal Party of Kanada you were grandfathered. The class of licence is called a 12(6).

12(6) guns can be owned, bought and sold to other 12(6) licence holders. But as we age the 12(6) owners will die off and eventually no one will be able to legally own these guns.

It is a long term confiscation with zero cost to the government. Very sleazy. Very Lieberal.

This is why we can buy quality 12(6) guns for almost nothing. I paid $100 for the Beretta 950B, $375 for the 3913 Ladysmith with 4 mags.

And the Kanadian dollar is only $0.75 US.

2.5" S&W model 19s in VG condition go for less than $400.

Guard your 2A rights because the commies want them gone and once they are gone they will never come back. In Kanada, other than the police, only criminals carry handguns and the government wants it that way.
its so sad that many voters in America refuse to see this.

I carried a "compact" 1911 for years, but traded it for a SIG P938, which weighs half as much, and holds one more round.
It's as small as I can go, in terms of reliably getting a good grip on the draw.
Experimenting with my Colt .25, I hold it in my weak hand, wrap my strong hand around that and pull the trigger with my strong-hand finger; not something I'm actually going to practice.

Only ever had 1 little gun. a little NAA. It was and is fun, but it has become much more of a range toy than a carry gun. Its fun, but I don't like training with it and wont carry it because of that.

Little guns have their place but not as range toys, IMO. Got plenty of 'em but they're for backups.
Why would you carry any firearm and not train with it? A range toy? Hardly, I have been shooting them for years as a range firearm the same as all my firearms. And consequently can do things with them that according to the internet you cannot. You can become very proficient with them. (I am talking about LCP size 380's).
People listen to the internet chatter about Pocket guns and then assume they are just backup firearms. And then they just do not even try to hone their skills and reduced to losing a whole lot of potential.
If you do not want to train with one or believe it is just a range toy, my question is why carry it in the first place? If you are going to carry a firearm, then do your due diligence or do not carry at all.

I read through the thread a little fast, but I didn't see anyone mention Sig P238. We have two of them, his and hers. Lots of fun and so easy to conceal.

I've been tempted for years by the NAA mini revolvers. I wouldn't carry it, but I might one day pick one up just for a fun gun. Workmanship has always looked beautiful on the examples I have seen.

You just can't put a 1911 in your pocket, can you?
Little guns are fun-to collect, or shoot. They are convenient to carry.

I don't pick my carry guns based upon how convenient they carry. I choose them by their applicability for winning a fight. I carry full size pistols or magnum revolvers. My favorite is a Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm Commander.

Back