A little help here, please?!?

Fubsy, I think you're thinking of 20/20 (?) when they did their "expose" on exploding GMC pickup trucks. That was awhile back and everyone seems to have forgotten, but some of us remember and for every time they got caught . . . .

None of the above should be taken to mean I don't think 60 Minutes slants the news. I think just about every medium slants the news. I just don't have any proof in 60 Minutes' case.

Gwinnydapooh,

Actually, I think it was Dateline NBC, if I'm not mistaken.

[This message has been edited by Bill F (edited May 04, 1999).]

60 Minutes was the one that got burned on the fake drug smuggling story from some Euro scam artist.

NBC staged the Chevy pickup blowing up and ABC did the fake tainted meat from grocery stores.

And,in the interest of not singling out networks, as we all know, CNN did the Iraqi baby milk factory and the Vietnam Sarin gas stories....and Arnett is finally looking for a job!!!!

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

freefinkelmann, it certainly was a blast, but I humbly bow to your superior dedication. :) I had my cookies disabled, so it was pretty easy. I work in a plastics testing lab, and had some materials in a testing process that lasts about an hour or so, so I took the time to contructively click back and forth. Bring on the next poll!

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arms reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Results as at 9.45 a.m. Western (Australian) Standard Time, Thursday, 6 May:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre>What’s more to blame for senseless murders like the one at Columbine?
Violent movies/games 7%
The Internet 2%
Poor parenting 60%
Easy access to guns 23%
Violent society 8%

8518 total votes.[/code]

I was only able to vote a 'few' times, due to my slow connect at home.. but I got my 2cents in.

"Studies have shown that almost 50% of all americans are above average!"
Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics...

Results as at 2.30 p.m. WST:

-----------------------------------------
What’s more to blame for senseless murders like the one at Columbine?Violent movies/games 5%
The Internet 2%
Poor parenting 55%
Easy access to guns 32%
Violent society 6%

23454 total votes.

--------------------------------------------
Compare that with my posting only just over 24 hours ago!! Something's rotten in the state of Denmark! Or perhaps the antis have found the site, too.

I'm posting these results so if there's any jiggery-pokery by 60 Minutes, I'll at least have something to refer to.

Bruce

SHAME on you! I can't believe you people would resort to such dirty, low-down tricks!

(BTW: Just put in 300+ votes :D--shifted the numbers by 1%---31% Guns and 56% Poor Parenting---23817 votes :D :D :D)

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited May 07, 1999).]

Aye, Caramba! We're slipping again--just put in another 400-500, and guns still went up to 33%! Farking Bastages!

4-5 vote per second--just hold down ESC and keep clicking the submit button. Just put in about 2000 in the last 15 minutes. :D

OK Fellas,

After more than 10,000 votes, a numb trigger finger, and a worn-out mouse, the results as of 0338 CDT are as follows:

Violent Movies/Games: 3%
Internet: 1%
Poor Parenting: 64%
Easy Access to Guns: 14%
Violent Society: 19%

Total Votes: 60,087

I began before 50,000 and finished at 60,087. :D

Bruce, do y'all have Shiner Bock in West Oz? ;)

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited May 08, 1999).]

Bill,
I've been there everyday bringing it back down, but the4 anti's keep pumping it back at night. Thanks to Rabbit Assasin and another warrior we pumped in 20000 yesterday. It's getting enough votes in so it should be safe now.
I'm watching this to the end.

R A,
Guns in Fourth at 11%, thanks for the help yesterday. I'll be glad when this is over so I can back to other things and give my finger a rest.

------------------
lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

Back