9mm Final Four

Let me add one to your list. How about an HS2000 in 9MM, the new import from Croatia? Polymer frame, excellent trigger, comfortable grip, grip safety (like a 1911). Mine cost me $299 this morning, and it seems to be just as good as my Glock, Sigs and HK. I don't know whether it can be found in CA yet, as your state has those silly rules. Look at the many positive reviews of the HS2000 online, and you can also check out http://www.hsarms.com.

I would find a P7. If a P7 is not in the stars, buy a 239. These are excellent little pistols. They all seem to have excellent triggers and the ability to feed anything. I paid $150 for mine and I wouldn't sell it for $500.

GHB

Yep. The much hated (around here) TheFederalistWeasel decided he didn't like it and was selling it to me for $350. After I paid him $100 and a P7M8 mag (which we valued at $50) he just told me to consider the balance a gift. I will defend TFW to the death.

GHB

go with the g19 or HK.

the p99 is too picky with ammo.

But as far as 9mm's go, the new HK P2000 looks pretty damn
sweet.

Not to be argumentative...

"...lets clear one thing up: I did not condemn an entire product line." -- Quantum Singularity

...but you did exactly what I said you did: condemn an entire *segment* of a company's product line because of your poor experience with one pistol from that line.

To wit:

"Do NOT buy an alluminum alloy sig if you are going to shoot it a lot." -- Quantum Singularity

Like you, I don't "love" inanimate objects; won't even admit to a fascination. :) However, through several decades of firearms ownership/use, I've come to the conclusion that, should I be forced to trust my life to one brand of pistol [if I had to use it directly from the box], that brand would be SIG. Load the mag, chamber a round, pull the trigger...BANG!

That's my opinion and nothing more...but at least I've based my opinion on a sample size of more than one.

...but you did exactly what I said you did: condemn an entire *segment* of a company's product line because of your poor experience with one pistol from that line.

To wit:

"Do NOT buy an alluminum alloy sig if you are going to shoot it a lot."

I apologize if you took that as a condemnation. It was merely meant to be a warning for those who plan to do a lot of shooting with alloy Sigs. It is not only my Sig pistol I base my statement on. I have talked with pistol range employs that rent pistols out. Alloy pistols (Sig being a high offender) are usually the first to experience frame troubles. Granted the rental pistols are abused by some, but the poly and steel framed pistols do hold up better. Thus, I cannot in good faith recommend any alloy pistol (except POSSIBLY the Ruger P Series--one of the strongest alloy frames I have seen) for those who plan to shoot a lot of rounds out of it (like over 10,000 rounds per year). In five years that would equate to 50,000 rounds)! For those who don't shoot that often (under 1,000 rounds per month through the same gun), an alloy will work fine.

However, through several decades of firearms ownership/use, I've come to the conclusion that, should I be forced to trust my life to one brand of pistol [if I had to use it directly from the box], that brand would be SIG. Load the mag, chamber a round, pull the trigger...BANG!

I agree in terms of out of the box reliability. Nothing out there matches a Sigs reliability IMO. Durability is another issue. There are exceptions of course, but in general alloy guns will not last as long as poly or steel guns.

Back