8 Weeks to go and I Still Don't Know What to Buy

If you haven't completely ruled out the .22LR autoloaders, how about a S&W (are we allowed to say that word again;) ) Model 41. They ain't cheap, but they sure are sweet.

Likewise, I very much liked the suggestion of the H&K P7 for a centerfire pistol. It's extremely accurate and easily operated by him or her. The only down side is you'll have to save up a couple hundred more clams. But, as is the case with the S&W M41, the P7 will hold its value much better than most.

ok3wire,

from your handle I guess you're navy, either a flyer or a catcher - either way, I'm impressed.

We did buy a S&W .22LR auto in October of last year, it was a Model 22A with the short 4 inch barrel. It cost just $179 NIB from Bravermans in Pittsburgh, I note that they are now comfortably over 200 bucks a pop. We had to sell it on our return to the UK, so it was retired from its bear protection duties (stupid grin) and sold on to a dealer after just 2 weeks of faultless service and maybe a thousand rounds of bear stoppers without a jam.

The wife wanted me to get the same again this time round, we preferred the Smith to those Luger lookalikes that Bill Ruger churns out, but that puts us in a very small minority. But like I said at the start of this thread, I still really don't know which way to jump.

Mike H

Mike,
You very nearly hit the nail on the head inre the handle, the only variation being that I was a Marine aviator.

I can guarantee that if you ever have the opportunity to pick up a Model 41 S&W, you'll be much more reluctant to sell it to anyone.;)

Ah, someone listed my weapon of choice, the Glock 30. The perfect choice, carries fine, venerable .45 caliber, 10+1 capacity, Glock reliability, reasonble cost for the accuracy and quality, enough said?

Back