6mm Creedmoor or .243 Win

If one hand loads the 6mm Creedmoor is the more versatile of the two. Rifles in that caliber tend to have a twist rate that will stabilize the long heavy bullets. I know there are a few rifles offered from Ruger, and Savage that I can think of right off the bat that are chambered in the round. I have on the shelf at Cabela's seen 6mm Creedmoor brass. As well as some of the heavier bullets in ELD Match, and the hunting ELD-X. Also there were 5 loads on the shelf for it prices ranged from $28 to $40 for a box of 20.

If one does not load their own. I would advise the .243 especially if one hunts far from home. If one forgets to pack the ammo up. They can get .243 ammo most small town stores, and just about any Wal-Mart. I doubt that would be possible with the Creedmoor.

I have a .243 Win. I have owned it since my father purchased it for me to go on a hunt with him 30 years ago. My family argues over who gets to use it first. I can not count how many freezers it has filled with meat. It has killed deer, hogs, and many other critters. It still shoots true, and I have as of yet to load for it. I have enough Core Lokt that it shoots well to last out my life, and part way into its next owner's.

I had one 6.5 Creedmoor. I now have two. Both drive tacks. I am sure a 6CM will do so just as well.

I didn't know the 6mm Creedmore came in a factory rifle yet. I don't guess the 6mm Creedmore would make it because of the 243. 243 blew out the 6mm Rem! The difference in velocity of the two is about like the difference between the 260 and 6.5 CM. That and a buck and a half will get you a cup of coffee!
The 6mm Creedmore is not in any production rifle but almost all the majors make a rifle in 6mm Creedmoor.

LineStretcher said:
The 6mm Creedmore is not in any production rifle

There are rifles in 6mm Creedmoor by several manufacturers. Barrett, Bergara, Browning, Howa, Remington, Ruger, and Savage just to name a few.

Yep..
And they all make some good 22lr guns too....:D

All kidding aside, knowing Taylorce, any rifle built will end up attractive and a definite shooter.
Keep us posted on the build!

Back