40S&W…Have you seen the deals?

Nathan

If you want a super effective self/home defense pistol, here’s a tip. Buy a 40 S&W. They are literally giving away used 40 S&W pistols right now.

These things are amazing too! Almost every JHP defense marketed ammunition is a solid performer. Ammo is still available. A couple bucks more than 9mm.

I was just blown away when I saw the near gift pricing!

But it's one more caliber I would have to store. Yes, looks like everyone who jumped on the shorty-forty is getting off the merry-go-round.

A great example are a couple Sig P226s at the local LGS; a 9mm at over a grand and a shorty-forty at $600. If the shorty-forty get under $500.00 I'll likely jump on it, toss the barrel and convert to 9mm.

If you want a super effective self/home defense pistol, here’s a tip. Buy a 40 S&W. They are literally giving away used 40 S&W pistols right now.

By all means, share with us where we can gat a free 40 S&W gun. Thanks!

I have had two 40’s for quite a while, no worries here.
It amazes me the amount of band wagon hatred of a cartridge that is just as effective as it ever was.

It's not hatred of the cartridge but apathy. In my case I already have handguns in lots of calibers and the shorty-forty simply doesn't offer enough to get me to add yet another even if the handgun was free.

74A95 said:
By all means, share with us where we can gat a free 40 S&W gun. Thanks!

I shouldn’t have said literally, but try searching 40 s&w pistols on Gunbroker….amazing!

There are lots of low priced used 40s because those who bought a whole mess of 40s are now getting rid of them. The number available has nothing to do with what gun counter experts say.

I bought my g23 from a coworker for $250. He sold the pistol mostly because 9mm was "better". Now I have conversion barrels for 9mm, .357 sig, 22TCM9R. But mostly of the time I shoot the original .40s&w.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just what are the valid reasons for as you say so many people getting rid of them?
They bought in quantity and are now selling in quantity. Lots of the used forty-short are LE and military trade-ins. When a department changes platforms the usually then simply dump the existing stock en-masse.

"Trade in" ammo popped up on occasionally before, but as of late 40 has become constantly available.

HST 40 is about almost exactly now what it was when 9mm HST was $20. In what prior world was 40 less expensive than 9mm? It currently is though.

If I had a gun I wanted for range in 40, I'd be happy for sure.

So where can I buy them with such a good sale? I don't think that military just sell them to simple people.
No, agencies, military or civilian sell the guns in lots to distributors and importers who then sell them to individuals. Those often simply get passed on to one or more of the online auction houses.

Back