.32 acp SD ammo?

I intend to use my P32 as a low recoil option for my off hand, not now, but later.

Do you mean to carry it as a secondary or back-up gun?

I can shoot the LCP left handed, but I'm not getting any younger.

I hear that. I've been doing more plinking than anything else but I always get a few drills in towards the end of the month. I haven't tried shooting single-handed with my off hand in a few years and I've been seriously neglecting that. Thanks for the reminder!

"32 acp SD" ammo

oxymoron-contradictory-word-pair-ex-a-little-big-pretty-ugly-4328809.png

A new example for the list has been proposed. :D

Yes, in a left pants pocket.

One gun is all the EDC real estate I can handle, at least in warmer weather. It competes with a knife, flashlight, multi-tool, keys, lighter, wallet, med-kit, pen, pad, and smart phone. If a spare magazine is already part of a routine, I could see swapping it out for a small gun.

If you are going to carry it in the left pants pocket, that means you aren't going to have anything else in there but the pocket holster. Have you considered an LCR 327 or one of the older S&W J-frames in .32 H&R magnum? Depending on what kind of pants you wear; it might fit, carry, and draw better than you expect.

If you are going to carry it in the left pants pocket...

I forgot that I had tried a little LH IWB holster around 5:00, and liked it. It's not in a pocket, and also accessible with the right hand.

Guns:
2x Kel-tec P-32

Favored Practice Ammo and Secondary Carry Ammo:
Winchester 71gr FMJ-TC (truncated cone)

Primary Carry Ammo:
Buffalo Bore 75gr Hardcast RNFP

The BB load is pretty spicy in the Kel-tec, so I tested it for reliability and shoot a box per year. The Winchester load is on-par with other American .32ACP FMJ, velocity and mass-wise.

I don;t use HP in .32ACP, as it generally does not get enough penetration.

Never had issues with rimlock, even with short 60gr JHP loads.

I bought ten boxes of Winchester fmj years ago before they switched to the truncated bullet. That old Winchester ammo was awesome, ran perfectly in the P32, but I've had rimlock with the new junk.

I bought ten boxes of Winchester fmj years ago before they switched to the truncated bullet. That old Winchester ammo was awesome, ran perfectly in the P32, but I've had rimlock with the new junk.
that's because the new "junk" is shorter and about the same length as hollow point ammo. this shorter OAL (as I'm sure you know) aids in rim lock. it does however work well in my Seecamp .32

I own 2x Kel-Tec P-32 pistols and shot a bunch out of them. One is 20 years old, the other is 17 years old. Have 6 magazines between them. Never experienced rim lock. This includes an imperial buttload of Win 71gr FMJ-TC.

I do take care when loading magazines, though, and have experience with other repeaters that stack rimmed cartridges such as the 7.62x54R.

I have a bunch of Winchester .32 Silvertip because it's what my little Seecamp was designed around. These days the Seecamp forums say other ammo will run in one but that wasn't the case/common knowledge back years ago when I bought mine. Most likely there's better ammo these days but I stocked up when I got mine and feel what I have is usable.

Back