300 PRC is it?

Bob Hart recommended a Sightron S-TAC 4-20x50 for my 300 PRC. Said it was good glass and reliable. He was real happy with their products and said his customers were happy as well.

Ron

PA,
I can vouch for that scope!
Love mine!
Was shooting some 1,000 yard target practice with it on my custom Mauser in 284 Win last month.
Scope and rifle more accurate than me in 32 degrees with wind.
Slight shiver factor involved. Lol

std7mag - Good to hear about your experience with that scope. I was a bit hesitant because I know there are better scopes available that cost a lot more. I generally put Leupolds on all my hunting rifles but since Bob recommended this scope I went with it based on his experience and feedback from his customers.

Ron

PA,
The STAC has tall, capped turrets. Unless i'm storing it at the house, i usually just leave them off.
There is a pop up lever on the power ring for use with gloves. I've never needed it. Some people have had issues with clearance with the bases if not back, or high enough.
I use EGW 20 MOA , one piece bases. EGW bases tend to be pretty tall. Hence even with the large objective i use Vortex Viper low rings with no clearance issues.

The reticle is MOA based, with fine cross "hairs" and a center dot.
I've heard of complaints of losing the cross hairs in low light.
I have not had this issue. And actually really like the fine crosshairs.
Even with my old prescription corrected eyes.

Eye relief is good, no issues with magnums.
Comes with a neopreme scope cover.

While it doesn't flare out as much as the Vortex scopes i've used, i did buy a sunshade for mine. $43 on Amazon.

Yes, the optics are quite good. Can you get better? Yes, but you will be paying at least 3 times more to do so.
If you would buy one of Sightrons SIII for $1,700, you'll get a scope that would cost you $2,500 or more.

std7mag - Thanks for the scope feedback. I read some good reviews as well on this particular scope. I think it will be a good one especially for the price.

Ron

Back